Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smite vs Zeal+Conviction

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by HCKull, Nov 3, 2006.

1. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Smite vs Zeal+Conviction

Has anyone compared using zeal with conviction instead of smite against the bosses ?

Smite is slower than zeal, but always hits.

High level conviction will drop defense by 95% so zeal should hit a lot and it hits a lot faster so your crush blow will take effect more frequently.

What effect does ignore target defense on yoru weapon have on this ?

2. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

I have used a Ez in Tristram with no real problems..but again it's really dependant on the gear you have access to.

Itd is just that except it does not work on Champs and above, which is where Conv kicks in..My Dream/HoJ Paly has no problems zealing in any part of the game whilst running Conv..I would suggest giving it a try and decide.

3. mumba

mumba Banned

That is smite+fana is slower than zeal+fana, but if u take away the fanaticism from zeal and pair it with conviction then its gonna be a lot slower. So a zeal w/o fanaticism will be just as slow as smite with fana.

4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

What effect does ignore target defense on yoru weapon have on this ?

Check out the FAQ. But in summary, ignore target's defense (ITD) is dependant on your character level, as well as the monster's level. it does not work on bosses, if I remember correctly.

5. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

This is true.

I find that if I have a Fana-running Paladin, I use Smite. If I have a Conviction-running Paladin, I use Zeal. Both tend to be pretty comparable, with Smite hitting maybe 10% more (thanks to level differences), but Zeal doing more damage (and therefore requiring fewer CBs). Basically, use what you got.