Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

smite/vengeance hybird help???

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GrizzlyGraham, May 5, 2005.

1. GrizzlyGraham

GrizzlyGraham IncGamers Member

smite/vengeance hybird help???

can u help me out on this one

20-smite
    20-holy shield
    20-vengence
    20-salvation

what else im coming up with this off the top of my head so plz help

2. YelgisDarej

YelgisDarej IncGamers Member

Hmm a Smite/Vengence Hybrid eh? You are going to have to spread out your points pretty thin to get either smite or vengence very strong.

The main problem I see with your build is the lack of Fanatacism. Will be hard to get decent attack speeds without it without sacrficing other gear. The other problem I see is opting for salvation. Yea it gives +resist all which is nice at times but it only gives a measly 2% all dmg (6% total) to vengeance so 10 pts in the resist auras instead nets +100% more damage vs 10 pts in salv giving +60% damage.

Personally I think your best option is really just make a Vengeance Paladin. It would be something like this.

20 Vengeance
    20 Fanatacism
    20 Holy shield
    9 Pre-reqs

Your done with this build by as early as lvl 58 and then you have the levels from then to whenever you are done leveling to either improve your smite or your vengeance. by lvl 85 you would have 27 more points to spend. The reason for Fanat is for speed which is both important to smite and veng. Pure veng can be made more powerful using Conviction but since you want a hybrid fanat looked like it would fit more.

Wtih those 27 points you have some options. You could either go for maxing Smite and putting the last 8 points you have in resist aura's to bump up your veng dmg a little or you could dump all 27 in resist auras to max veng damage as much as possible. If you wanted you could balance it by getting smite to around lvl 10 then dumping the other 17 in the resist auras. It really is all up to you which to improve more.

Smite gains 15% damage per point spent while the resist auras are getting a 10% damage increase on vengeance for thier respective element. Also keep in mind that +skill gear will boost smite damage while it won't boost vengeance damage (besides the + to vengeance it self not the synergy from the aura). Since you would most likely want to use HoZ you are already getting a +4 to smite with that shield.

Also I am no expert on paladins I am just looking at the numbers here. Not really sure how effective you could make a hybrid (hybrid are always going to be weaker then pure builds in their main skills but versatility is nice).

3. GodObelisk

GodObelisk IncGamers Member

Go with 1pt in smite. This way u have pts for Fanatacism.

Not a good idea to go Smite/Vengence hybrid.
    1. Cos for smite, Fana is needed. But for vengence, convc is better for dealing great elemental dmg.

2. Smite dun need AR. But vengence need AR. This affects ur gear.

4. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Could have worked pre 1.10... Don't see how it could be effective in 1.10 though...

If I had to make one, I would go something like this:

20 in Smite
    20 in Holy Shield
    20 in Fanaticism
    1 in Vengeance
    Rest in Elemental resists (not salvation), alternating between the three as you level.

Basically a smiter with a not-so-weak vengeance skill as a backup to kill PIs...

Although vengeance is more effective with conviction, it can still work with fanaticism.

5. GrizzlyGraham

GrizzlyGraham IncGamers Member

THX GUYS I owe u one if u want u could add my accounts azzwod and d2me
    i could give u stuff.