Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

smite pally what am i doing wrong

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Pseudostack, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Pseudostack

Pseudostack IncGamers Member

smite pally what am i doing wrong

I made a smite pally for soloing uber tristram, I geared it with a PB grief, an AP fortitude, 104 res sanc shield, 25 res maras, draculs grasp, gore riders, guill face, t-gods belt, raven frost ring, carrion wind, 4 pcombs, and 10 5res small charms. I can solo all the ubers that give me the parts that open the portal to tristram very easily, I get to tristram and lure meph out. Then meph kills me in one hit. My life just instantly drops to 0. I have a total of around 2150 life (with bo on). I never even get a chance to use a pot because it is an instant drop. I'v watched vids of people soloing it, and most people say the gear i have should make it easy, so what am I doing wrong?

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Re: smite pally what am i doing wrong

If your getting 1 hit then you need more Resists if its a gradual process then lifetap isnt spawning enough.

3. whyhack

whyhack Banned

Put one point into salvation and use it for meph, that should do the trick. One point in it gives me +95 res so I max out even with mephs aura. If you still have trouble get an exile for the extra life tap, but you should be able to easily do it with salvatoin. If you have the resources I suggest getting exile with +45 res, removing the maras (you wont need it with the exile) and adding a highlords for the extra CB, but once again, with salvation you should have no problem with your current gear. I think you already know this but make sure to have holy shield and max block. Meph gets me to 1/2 my health if he hits me but I gain that back with the lifetap from dracs and exile

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

I'd agree, just do mephi with Salv on, sure you could use more expensive options, but you really can spare 1 skill point for salv. A prebuff with Treachery is also well worth the effort - you can use the fire just north of the portal to UT to trigger it.
    You could then replace some/most of the res sc's for some 20 lifers which would give you a decent boost to hp.

Highlords for deadly strike i assume you mean.

It's worth having a LT wand on switch so you can ensure you have LT up for all of the mephi fight.

5. SaintX

SaintX IncGamers Member

Ok first off i know people are going to disagree but this is what works extremely well for me. I have a lvl 83 smiter. He can uber everything by himself. that includes the portals to get the organs and uber tristram its self. i have him using Guilliames face helm, chains of honor armor, last wish phase blade, eth exile vortex shield, maras keliedoscope ammy, raven frost ring, natures peace ring, laying of hands gloves for the extra % dmg to demons, gore rider boots, nosferatus coil, in my inventory i have like 2 or 3 20 life scs, pally torch, and annihalus (spelled that wrong my bad). i dont have a call to arms on him. and i only have a litte over 1k life. i do not use salvation i find no need for it because last wish gives + to fade skill. which boosts ur res even more + the maras and exile. my res are like 80 85 90 ect..i know this gear is a little expensive but u seem like you might be able to afford it from what you say you already have on ur smiter.. i hope you can use this suggestion and i hope everything works out for you.

6. DreamZ

DreamZ IncGamers Member

Hey u can use a Kira + res ... i like that more when res is low casue u can still use fana, wich triggers ur life tap faster but ofc exile is the best choice if u can afford use it!