Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

smite or zeal?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by googlemaster, Jun 2, 2008.

1. googlemaster

googlemaster IncGamers Member

smite or zeal?

i havent seen a good ole smiter in forever. is smite just obsolete now and zeal has completely taken over for the melee side of the palidan class?

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: smite or zeal?

you're kidding. smiters are everywhere.

thanx to grief adding damage directly to the base shield damage for smiters, smite has overtaken Zeal in the PvP arena.

3. TheApostate

TheApostate IncGamers Member

Just to add my two cents, while smiters aren't exactly the best pvm builds, they're about the only way I can take any of the ubers, particularly chaos tristram... Of course, I'm sure there are some zealots out there who could teach me a thing or two.:dopey:

4. EpicDevia

EpicDevia IncGamers Member

zeal for crowd control, smite - on bosses. melee paladin must use both these skills according to situation.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In PvM, the point of smite is hitting all the time while applying CBs and leeching from Grief's +dmg via lifetap and that's only needed versus Baal and the übers. You just need the one point which you invested for being a HS prereq. Other enemies are fought with zeal, so that's the better attack skill in PvM.

PIs are an issue on their own. Either ignore them (which my Enigma zealot does - he has Wizardspike + crap Spirit on the weapon switch for quicker teleportations) or have a weapon in the second slot which works well with Vengeance or deals lots of elemental damage. The bonus from Grief doesn't add to elemental damage from vengeance.