Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smite dmg vs Hammer dmg

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by VietLoyalty, Mar 25, 2004.

1. VietLoyalty

VietLoyalty IncGamers Member

Smite dmg vs Hammer dmg

Hey, its been awhile since i ve played diablo...and with all this enigma and pallies teleporting etc...its all new to me...and i can see nowadays hammerdins are common (perhaps by far the best pally class overall) and i just wanted to know if smite dmg can compare to 12k++ hammer dmg...assuming that ur using an ethereal exile sacred rondache with maxed smite/holy shield/ with level 20~ish fanaticism...just an idea so i can see if i can be different and not fail at it

2. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

its all about what u use it for. Hammer is the king of pvm over all the other class, but the downside is that hammerdin doesn't do very well in pk. Due to the fact that range attacker hurt (etc. Bowazon,Bonesprit nec, Blizzard/Fire ball sor etc...........). And smite on the other hand is shitty in pvm, but can do very well in pvp melee duel. Right now its like the best melee duel class.

3. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

any Blessed Hammer Paladin Variant is simply the best at Pal vs Pal or Pal vs All on non-ladder.

4. VietLoyalty

well...in terms of pvp...i ve seen people die from 1-3 blessed hammers...i was wondering with maxed out smite etc. with elite stuff.. can it kill others with a couple of hits as well?

5. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

i imagine if u worked hard at it you could get 4k smite...

phelix

6. VietLoyalty

4k smite...so with the 1/6 pvp penalty...it wont compare to max dmg of blessed hamemrs im assuming...

7. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

I know hammer rules on some pvp match, but hammer have its limited on range attacker as well. No range attacker would stupid enought to run into a hammer field unless he or she is a noobs.

8. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Ya well, there are some very good hammerdins out there, but nearly all the good ones rely on enigma to teleport and hammer in their faces.
    So hammerdin are good pvp characters, but a decent dueler should be able to run away from the hammers when you teleport on top of them.

9. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i thought hammerdins would own in duels so i named mine mutepk yet i dont really duel with him much cus well he sucks for duels. i own monsters tho. i could rush hell for a full party. dueling eehhh i do ok sometimes if the dueler is dumb and runs into my hammers :p i've just got a botd zerker i put on my hammerdin. i'm doing 9k charge and 8k hammers. 1500 smite with a reg hoz which i think is a lot cus of hoz low smite damage.. i dunno lol smite is best melee tho for sure.

10. -?-

-?- Banned

Id say some of the godly smiters out there can take out hammerdins, but it would take a lot of patience. hammer isnt really 1 hit kill, and if smiter can avoid the hammers, then hit a couple smites, the hammerdin would prob fall. overall, id take the hammerdin (b/c i have one )

11. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

My v/t has only lost to two hammerdins ever.

Jury-Duty US east sc ladder - hammerdins cover yr ears, case i'm hunting them.

12. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

also, you guys are taken by the myth of max dmg.

damage isn't the be all end all. speed and finesse are.

13. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

V/Ts can definately take down hammerdins, I do it all the time. You just have to be patient and not make any mistakes. Most hammerdins really arent skilled duelers, but good ones that know what theyre doing can be rough, and Libs are just nasty.

14. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

best smite dmg is 400ish physical considering PvP penalty and 49% DR on your opponent...

Hammer is around 1000-2000 magical after Penalty.

Thanks to the insane BH dmg boost from the patch... even a mediocre skill Hammerdin can play offensive and win most of the time against better V/Ts...

a good hammerdin variant is just way too much for even the best V/T to handle.

15. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

a skilled hammerdin would win 90%+ against any v/t with or w/o teleport - hammers are that overpowering. there just aren't that many truly skilled hammerdins around (any more).

top damage for a typical enigma/hoto hammerdin is 14.4, or 13.8 if they're smart and use verdungo's instead of arachnid against v/t's.