Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smite advise..

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Gravez, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Gravez

Gravez IncGamers Member

Smite advise..

I was wondering how much(speed wise) maxed fanat effects Smite. Is it really that important? Ive never used smite so i just wanna know if the speed is at all viable without fanat... and can the loss be made up for with items. Thinking of making a pvm smiter with lotsa crushing blow and open wounds but i dont plan on using Fanat... will this work or should i consider another attack skill?

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Yeah, but you will need a lot of ias. For example, you need 65ias with a phase blade. It's viable though.

3. Kamahl

Kamahl IncGamers Member

smite needs ias fana really helps smite like alot , also dun make a pvm smiter smite dmng is not high enough for fast killing in pvm and it cant leech its more of a pvp skill due to its kb stun and unblockability

4. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Fanat helps smite alot. What other aura would you use with this build? In any case, I would suggest Fanat. I have a Pat pure smiter that, like you said, has alot of crushing blow and open wounds. So, pvm it's completely viable.

For more info, try looking at the breakpoints for smite.

Have Fun.

5. Gravez

Gravez IncGamers Member

TY for the help... i decided to go with another attack... im making a build that will be able to solo ball in hell Mele(yes non hammerdin) once i get decent items(or so i hope).... i figured since id be boss hunting the crushing blow and open wounds would matter more than damage... but i just decided to trash it being that smite would be too slow without fanat. My build is gunna use Salv around the clock :uhhuh: Ill post when i get far enough to comment on how the build works.

6. Any1

Any1 Banned

That is possibly the worst advice ever. I've been playing PvM Vindicators since D2C, they're very effective and very fun. Why do you think Smite stuns and is ITD/ITB (Ignores Target's Defense/Blocking)? It's to partially compensate for the lack of leech. Besides these days you can gett 50% LL on Vindicator by using items with "% chance to cast Life Tap" (i.e. Exile shields, Dracul's Grasp).

You don't have to give advice, you know. :rolleyes:

7. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Couple with Crushing Blow and Open Wound, Smiter is very good in PvM, plus most Smiter are FOH variant as well and we all know FOH ignores Immunity of all demons and undead.