Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

'Smart' people on bnet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CGore, Apr 11, 2008.

1. CGore

CGore IncGamers Member

'Smart' people on bnet

Well, I got used to the people on bnet who know things about the game better than everyone else, and you are noob of course. I mean the guys/girls who don't even know basic stuff about the game, i think everyone knows that type.

This guy beats most of them I met in my short d2 career:

pic

I don't know if he tried to be funny and has lot of spare time, or he was serious, but this is...weird.

If you met people like him, post your story, I'm really interested.

Edit: Sorry if this is not the right forum to post this (I mean the community forum)

2. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Re: 'Smart' people on bnet

Priceless :thumbsup:

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I usually do and say stupid things like this purposely just for fun, but I dunno if this guy is doing it for fun or being entirely serious. I hope he's just joking around because you'd have to be pretty dumb to not realize that one of the most popular Paladin classes is a Hammerdin.

4. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Nice, lol!

A few days ago, I was called a noob because I believed that a perfect Facet Fire Die was worth more than Pul. The guy said: "It's worth Pul, Um at most. And it's not because you read so on some fancy website that it's worth more..." He was talking about our forums, of course... ;)

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Woot! We're considered a fancy website!

6. bb88

bb88 IncGamers Member

LOL I especially love how his account name is "John_Cena", making it even more likely that he is roughly 12 years old.

Good one :)

7. Kaotic Dragon

Kaotic Dragon IncGamers Member

Lol yeah well I was trying to trade a P and B GC today and had about 10 pallys come into my game thinking I was trying to trade a Pally GC.

8. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Paris Hilton syndrome... Idiotic people getting more attention than they deserve.

I don't hope the guy stumbles across this thread =)

9. diabloegghead

diabloegghead IncGamers Member

Please Pple, lets not discourage new players to this wonderful game by thinking everyone should know as much as you do. There are young pple playing this game and one of the most annoying thing is the word "nub or noob" or whatever way u spell it. Its a game and every 1 of us was a nub at some point so lets just show some love even to those few who think they are god and know it all. Peace to all!

10. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Actually some of us were born perfect. Its a blessing and a curse to know everything about everything, but one that some of us hold with dignity. =)

(also there is a MATURE rating on games for a reason... kiddies shouldn't be playing it)

11. diabloegghead

diabloegghead IncGamers Member

MrOzio, Wow my friend, thank you so much for making my point about the crowd on Bnet, and I guess now too this forum.. i wonder if you even know what dignity means???? Anyway hope to never run into you on BNET. And Mature rating or not Kids play the game so at least show respect.... or do you not know the meaning of that word too.. Peace to all!

12. razen

razen IncGamers Member

is this guy for realz? lol. o man, that comment deserve caps. LOL

like me? :grin:

13. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Once again my sense of humor isn't recognized. I was being sarcastic. Dignity? Sir, it's something you're born with and I'm an over-flowing vessel. Not that dignity has anything to do with video games in general.

Also, dont associate the rest of the forum with me, this is simply an outlet of trade and discussion, not a symbolence of morality or some higher plain of existance. I do things of my own accord, thanks.

I am sticking to the mature rating thing. I'd never let a child play any game online. I'm not understanding what respect I should be giving here. In my eyes its earned, not handed out like candy from a pedofile.

Your closed mindedness and absolutism disturb and amuse me. Keep it up.

14. GlobZ

GlobZ IncGamers Member

Hum, that's it? I though the pic was about not knowing how to pot, run or whatever since you said it was in your whole D2 career. That's game mechanics, you can't expect everyone to know that stuff. There's new players but also teenagers and kids that plays Diablo 2.

EDIT: MrOzio, I know you said they SHOULD not play the game if they are not aged for it but that's not the reality. Even with the parents behind, some of them will still play the game, may it be in anything else. (drinking beer, smoking weed, watching adult movies, etc, etc, etc.) You should know that yourself, everyone was a youngin at some point.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  15. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

The problem is not that that player did not know the game mechanics. None of us did at the beginning. The problem is that he set his statement as an absolute, permanent truth. He was acting all self-righteous, so, unless he was just acting and joking, he deserves the title "noob" more than anyone.

16. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Are you serious? You can't recognize sarcasm? I'm a believer that the person in the screen shot was being sarcastic too. You are taking Mr Ozio's words way to literally my friend. Your overly sincere reaction would almost make me think you were being the most sarcastic of everyone.

I'm not a big fan of the word, but you should also know there is a difference between being a "newb" and a "n00b/nub." The former is simply new and trying to learn the game, and people respect that. We were all newbies at one point, no one is discouraging anyone from playing the game.

While the latter insults people and acts arrogant. Can you distinguish the difference?

17. oodjob

oodjob IncGamers Member

Oh no! The thread has turned emotional and deep!

18. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The owner of the spirit must be a bot runner, or he is playing other people for idiots.

How can you type that you are AFK if you are really AFK.

19. Sghost

Sghost IncGamers Member

I'd pretend to be an afk bot too to cut down on btard conversations while trading, that is if I decided I wanted to trade on Bnet...

20. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i do that just to get some mf time while others are in the game
    run pits, and other lvl 85 areas

@op, thats an awesome pala spirit, hope you get some good runes for it, along with the commedy