Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

smart mf question needs answer

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by panos_gr, Mar 28, 2004.

1. panos_gr

panos_gr IncGamers Member

smart mf question needs answer

hi all

i just got my 4 ist monarch but my sorceress doesnt have e enought strength to equip it(missing 30+ strength) sorc is lvl 90 so cant count on lvling for stats...sorc is all equipment full mf(ok apart from weapon i got occulus with ist instead of ali baba) and dont wanna change equipment unless realyy needed...so what do u think i can do?....i thought

1) find a n amulet with mf strength...current is 34 mf
    2) find blue rings with mf+ strength...current are nagelrings
    3) can i use strength bug?..i think not coz i ll have to change at least one item
    4) or change 1 of my items for one with reaally much strength
    5) small charms with mf +strength or pure strength sc...but how many strenght maximum can they have?

thx in advance for helping with this kinda hard problem

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

1. yes. i have a rare with 24 str on it, see #3.
    2. yes, i have a rare with 17 str on it, see #3.
    3. yes, you can. i use tgods and war travs. i have to use that ring in #2 to eq one so i can eq the other. however, once i have both on, i can remove the ring and they will support each other's req's.
    4. yes, nagles suck. also only mf ammy sucks.
    5. small sc's are the worst to use for str. large has 25% more for the str.

one trick is to make safety amulets, as it gives +to chance to block as the inherent bonus, and you can get up to 25 str.

3. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

I agree with superhal.
    if your eq doesnt support using the str bug, you may just have to sacrifice one of your lower mf slots (ammie, rings) in favor of the 4-ist monarch. at least you end up with more mf. And str large charms are hella the way to go, since you could conceivably find/trade lc's 6% mf +5 str, whereas mf and str can't combine on sc's, and the max str is 2.
    also, and I hesitate to mention this, as folks have wildly differing abilities to find them, but an annihilus would give a pretty big boost if you dont already have one. you might even be able to find one with max +to all attributes but min other mods for fairly cheap if you dont necessarily need the xp or res boost. 20str in one inv. block would, I'd assume, be ideal
    peace

4. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

I just remade my char when i got superior 4 ist monarch. I do not like having to equip new items and charms to reach str req every time i die.

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

So you totally remade a char just to be able to equip a little more MF%. Just so you know, you could have equiped a 3 socket shield with no strength problems and still you'd only "lose" 25% MF. Is it really worth it to totally remake a char for a lousy 25% MF?

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Totally agree. Ofcourse its your choice to remake it, but please 25% MF WONT make that difference, even on the long run. People wake UP! MF is still about luck, no matter HOW much MF you add :)

On the topic: Sacrifice one of your MF-slots to equip some str gear.