Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Smarmy politics at its finest!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anyee, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Smarmy politics at its finest!

A good old-fashioned blackmailing.

so the guy used to be a cross-dresser. Didn't hurt anyone or molest anyone, certainly didn't drive drunk or kill somebody...why does this matter, again? (And is anyone surprised that this is in Texas?)

2. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Oh, don't go hatin' on Texas, Anyee. There are idiots everywhere. At least this is more interesting than arguing over tax cuts.

3. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

What's the problem with his cross-dressing? Like you just said, Anyee, it didn't hurt or harm anyone in any way, so what does it matter? Some people make or made quite a living with the fact they were cross-dressers. Just think of Ru Paul or my favorite stand-up comic Eddie Izzard. I've seen Eddie without the heels and make-up and he just doesn't have that certain edge, that defining zing to his persona that makes him so funny.

To crossdress is one's personal decision. It should not matter in a political contest. Because what really matters is not how a person looks, but rather of what they are capable and how they act. That is one thing I've always hated about politics, be they highschool politics or national politics, it really is nothing more than just a popularity contest.

4. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I´d vote for the guy. Transvestites are brutally under-represented in most, if not all, political assemblies.

5. faultless wonderboy

faultless wonderboy IncGamers Member

Anyee, have you ever been to Texas?