Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

small doubt

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sln, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sln

sln IncGamers Member

small doubt

hi all
    im new to the forums but not new to diablo.ive just got a small doubt.i feel that a charactor having a good magic find with a weapon and sheild(ie melee) has a better chance of finding good items than a ranged charactor(for example a bowazon) with the same magic find. is this true? if so why?
    i observed this when i was playing with my lvl80 necro in single player.he got more and better items when he went melee than when going range.
    i hope the question is clear.

2. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

I think you should've put "Intro" in your title cause you're brand-spankin' new! Hi, and welcome. :wave: Keep at least one eye out for those shinkickers.

Answer to your question: Your MF abilities don't depend on whether you're ranged, or up close. Since you've got a Necro, you've gotta have some skellies around. Well, if you do, you're MF transfers to them as well. IIRC, when your sword, your minions, or your arrows kill a monster, DII checks your MF, picks a treasure class, etc. (Read Hrus MF sticky at the top of the forum for the details).

3. Frozen Orb

Frozen Orb Banned

Well, with the same magic find it still comes down to luck, but whatever can kill faster will give you a better chance at finding more, since over time you will see more drops.