Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Small Charm Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hemiboy, Jul 9, 2010.

1. hemiboy

hemiboy Banned

Small Charm Questions

Hi there,

I've been collecting small charms and now want to try to reroll some of them. I found this guide detailing which charms have high ilvls :
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403178

I was supprised to see such high ilvl for these two:

Red: +1 to minimum damage, ilvl 95
    Jagged: +1 to maximum damage, ilvl 90

Why are these charms rated so highly? Dont they litterly add just ONE point of damage? Would these be good charms to reroll because they are high ilvl?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Small Charm Questions

The two affixes are useless indeed. However, there's a suffinx which adds +1 to maxdmg and that one can combine with the max/ar prefix, for a maximum of +4 maxdmg on an SC. Suffixes with a life bonus are more popular, however.

Rerolling SCs doesn't pay off as well as GCs. The highl.evel affixes aren't that useful and the good ones are all about combinations of affixes which can be found in most of hell mode, so it's better to pick up SCs and use your rerolling gems on GCs.

3. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

I disagree, there are a lot of SCs that are useful on their own.....100 PDSCs, 6-7 MFSCs, 5RASCs, 3/XX max/ar, 19/20 life, etc. charms are all highly marketable. A good second mod takes them from decent to extraordinary, but even plain ones sell very well.

Marketable GC rolls are pretty much limited to certain skillers or 15RAs or 14/XX max.

That being said, I have a char that rolls SCs and a char that rolls GCs, both are worthwhile :)

I usually will keep one charm (G or S) that I found in CS, so you know its L85, unless I happen to get one to drop from Diablo himself, then its L94. You can reroll the same charm ad nauseum until you get a decent one, and its fairly simple to find a new one to start rolling once you do.

PS to response below: yes, thats true, there arent many L85+ affixes on SCs that are worth going for. About the only one really worth it would be a 175PDSC at L88, I can imagine those are useful in PvP. But SCs are still worth the gems to reroll, you just dont necessarily have to hunt for Baal SCs like you do for Baal GCs.

Of course, I mainly reroll them hoping for 4/20s which are exactly alvl 85, but if you want to ignore those, the next significant 'breakpoints' for SC rerolling would be 63 (100PDSCs), 47 (7MFSCs and 20lifers), 33 (5RASCs), and 28 (3/20s), so you could really exercise a lot of control over possible mods by hunting in NM and Normal for your rerolling charms...using an exactly L33 SC while trying for a 5RASC would fully double your chances of landing the Shimmering prefix.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

All these are no high-level affixes, they can drop anywhere in hell mode or even in nightmare. With high-level affixes I meant those which only hell Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo can produce.