Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SM and the trapper

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by chickenhed, May 13, 2005.

1. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

SM and the trapper

On first glance, it seemed to me to be a no-brainer to max SM as a better tank for a trapsin. But i heard, when the SM casts her traps, it replaces my traps. First, is that true? And if it is, what do you guys reccomend? Should I bother with the SM?

2. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

1 pt. wonder for a PvP trapper. Probably also a 1 pt. wonder for PvM but there are better arguments for a tank there. I wouldn't go more than a point. The only sin builds that benefit from high level masters are MA/kick sins mostly.

3. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

For PvM I like to get her to level 17-18, and I know some players won't make a build without maxing her. 17-18 (with +skills) is my sweet spot because that is where she gets all of her final equipment, and is strong enough to survive most of Hell without constant recasting. With the right equipment, this can be a very low initial skill point investment (5-10 pts), saving lots of points for traps.

Her traps will replace yours, though so will the Shadow Warrior's traps. I don't have a lot of experience with the Warrior - I prefer the cast and forget.

4. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

And the SM replacing your traps doesnt get really annoying or anything?

5. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

They don't constantly replace your traps. It can get annoying when a trap is replaced, but usually they are too busy doing other things. Also, they usually place 1 trap rather than replacing all of them. The difference between 4 and 5 traps isn't a big deal most of the time. It doesn't take much to completely replace all of your traps once you get to a decently high level.

The only really annoying habit they have is casting Mind Blast when you are about ready to kill the group you are attacking.

6. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

just the ability to summon a tank makes sm worthwhile. i like a beefy sm myself; after ls synergies i usually put the remaining on it.

her trap laying speed is slow; she doesn't slow down your killing by that much compared to her tanking benefits.