Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Slow leveling?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jrlafrance, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Slow leveling?

I started a new character not long ago, and have started leveling him (barb) up. I have been doing full clears on /p8, and am currently in Act II, inside the palace (Harem Level 2). Anyway, it seems like I should be a higher level than 25. Does this sound right? I'm not having any problems with my progress through the game right now, just seems slow. Is there anywhere that lists XP at certain points (Acts) in the game?

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

lvl 25 for the palace in act 2 sounds right.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Now, thats good. Anywhere between lvl 24 and 28 for the end of act 2 is about right, i usually get to lvl 24 before duriel, but i dont do full clears unless i need the level quick.

4. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

I wouldn't bother with full clears myself... But to each thier own.

To answer your question though. mLvl in the pallace lvl 1 in normal is 13. You get the MOST exp from monsters 5 lvls higher than yourself. So you can actually flash forward to anya and get some great exp there... providing you can handle it ;) Since you've kept p8 on you'll still notice good exp. generally speaking though since I don't like act 2 so much and detest act 3 I get to 24 face duriel then speed through act 3 and am running act 4 by cLvl 28 or so.

But thats just me :p

5. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Thats exactly my intent here, level as quickly as possible. Originally it was gonna be for the PvP tourney, but I haven't had enough time to get his level high enough :( OT, I haven't decided which mastery to put my points into yet. I'm not very "rich" with items, and am trying very hard to go self found. My best item in the game right now is Messerschmidt's Reaver. Is this a good end game weapon? I also just recently found a Baranar's Star. Other than what, I have a Lightsabre (donated item). Any suggestions for where to put my points?

EDIT: I also have a Ethereal Edge Silver-Edged Axe, which I forgot about.

6. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

I do the same thing i can not stand act 2&3 mostly act 3 though and i rush past them. another thing i have noticed is that their seem to be certant lvl points that it takes lots of time to get to.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Then don't do P8 clears. If the difference between you and monsters is higher than 5, the EXP is greatly reduced. Do P3-P4 runs that seems optimal for fastest progress and leveling for me.

8. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Messy Reaver is a good weapon because it has very high damage. However, it is really slow. In PvM that isn't as important because you can use other tactics to get past that problem. However, in PvP you will probably be dead before you can get an attack off. Unless you're going with charge, then you'll be aiming for OHKO everybody and the weapon speed is less important.

9. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

For most builds nightmare is when the XP really starts to flow in. At the point you enter NM your main skills start to come online and synergies/utility skills get worked on. At the same time most monsters still aren't immune so you can just chainsaw through everything fairly quickly.