Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sleepy Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by XxUberStarxX, Jul 31, 2010.

1. XxUberStarxX

XxUberStarxX IncGamers Member

Sleepy Saturdaily

RL: One would think after 11 odd years of night shift, i'f be used to being constantly sleep deprived... :coffee: It's late Sat morning down here in Oz land and i worked till 4 am this morning, stayed up for an hour or 2 and then had a snooze for 2-3 hours. Still feel dog tired so another session in bed is definitely on the cards later in the arvo.

Trying to muster up the energy for a gym session but just can't seem to manage it, maybe a coffee will help. Not normally a coffee drinker strange as that seems, you'd think it would be like breathing air for a shift worker, but i've never really liked the taste.

So many things to do, i am procrastinating something chronic atm. Finally have my new ISP sorted but could be up to 2 weeks before it is connected, dial-up is very annoying and slow. Need to do some more painting of my unit, electricty contract to sort out, give the unit a good clean, start playing golf again, aaaaaarrgg i feel overwhelmed.

D2: Yep the first and foremost reason i procrastinate is because i just can't stop playing this game. :crazyeyes: Still working on my Fear of Commitment toon, which reminds me i need to do a major update in the tourney thread. Meh, i'll do it later.

2. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Re: Sleepy Saturdaily

Coffee isn't for everyone. If you're looking for a similar alternative, some teas have pretty good amounts of caffeine. And it tastes pleasant to boot.

And yeah, keep your unit clean. You can never be too careful these days... :whistling: :thumbup: :grin:

3. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

RL: I was excited to have successfully programmed two firefox extensions even if it was helped along by a tutorial.

D2: Well, my hard drive died a little while ago and I started up the game to check the installation after having reinstalled and advanced to windows 7 - since I was installing anyways. Other than that, not really, no.

OVG: I discovered, while arranging my files on the new install, the most perfect game for those who love puzzles or are engineering minded: Crayon physics. The concept is so simple yet the results are so devious that my father and I are both enthralled. I am quite surprised that it hung around for two years before I actually ran it for the first time. My downloads folder is clearly packed full of too many photoshop plug-ins and icon packages to be serviceable.

I also got SC2 and am prepared to get myself whooped as I am a complete noob to RTS games.

Lastly, why am I posting in the Saturday when it is clearly still Friday where I am?

4. XxUberStarxX

XxUberStarxX IncGamers Member

Don't mind a cup of tea every now and then, although i always thought they were pretty weak in the caffeine department. Perhaps you can suggest some of the stronger ones?

:rolf: For those of you in elsewhere in the world read unit = apartment. :grin:

5. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

@NightShiftGuy: Have you tried coffe with lots of milk and sugar?I wouldn't touch black coffe with a 20 inch spoon.

6. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

@Pijus: Are you kidding?!?! That's the only way it's worth drinking! (Black, that is)

RL: Up late, which is not smart- but oh well. I'm still glad I'm doing it. Work coming in ~8 hours. Meh. Work, school, and the occasional snooze have completely taken over my life yet again, which is why I'd love to get in some...

D2: As soon as I can figure out why my last two installs failed, definitely. Looking forward to getting back in the game.

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

RL: worked all day for OVERTIME MONEYZ! which will be used for a new gym membership to help along the goal of becoming a copper.
    Got to get some more of my mordheim warband painted as the campaign starts tomorrow. must atleast basecoat them.

D2: not in a few months but i do keep considering it.

OG: picked up fallout 3 game of the year edition on PC for $12 aus. making a ninja warrior. just made my deathclaw gauntlet. My aim to not use a gun at all was foiled by the deathclaw i needed to kill to get his claw. emergency magnum to the rescue

8. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

RL: Experiments going well. Data look interesting, need to quantitate soemthing over the weekend. Neighbor has also had my package for most of the week but they're never home for me to pick it up from them. Don't really like that system very much.

D2: Wasn't planning on running NM Meph with my restart sorc, but I got the best D3 map I've ever seen with this character. Since running in all MF gear is starting to get dangerous in A5 (also with 150 stat points undistributed), I should probably go back and find some questing gear from Meph. I also have a great LK map, so leaving NM is going to be sad.

Tea: I also dont drink coffee and get my caffeine cravings from tea. From what I've read the varieties don't tell you too much about caffeine levels because the preparation can be different and the tea leaves themselves can vary within the same "type" of tea. I find that green teas usually give me the best boost, but I don't like the flavor straight. I really enjoy blended green teas, either with Jasmine tea or with brown rice. If you can't find green tea/Jasmine blends just buy loose leaf and mix it 1:1 yourself. Lot cheaper that way anyway. Never tried blending my own green tea/brown rice though. Obviously if you want more caffeine, brew it longer. With the teas I drink, I usually just leave the bag/leaves in the mug while I'm drinking.

9. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Coke: Sticking to diet coke for now, should be all gone by midday tomorrow.

Tea: Lemon tea everyday. Its good for your blood.

RL: Had 2/3 nephews around today. The young one is so smart. They love my worm farm, have to keep food around for when they come around because its one of the first things they want to see. Worms.

D2: Tenthakinoorah made it to Act IV, mephisto was completely crushed. Might do the write up tonight, or tomorrow. Want to get pumped up and in the mood first.

10. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

@Brak: I'd go to great lengths to get my package back from any of my neighbors, especially if they've had it for a week. I don't know WHAT they're doing with yours, but if the neighbors aren't home I'd break in and get it ASAP. No one gets between me and my package...

And don't get me started on teabagging methods... :whistling: :thumbup: :grin:

11. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

RL: Slept at 3am, and it's now... 9:12am. I'm so tired I'm confused at all of TRM's clever (?) innuendo. :p Quoth the peon, "work work".

D2: HF rush. Quoth the peon...

@TRM: Thanks for the awesome info yesterday, I can't believe I missed that guide. 7 skills, oooh... I guess that's enough to make my Smiter/Whirlwind/Weapon Mastery/Charge/Ancestral Call Warrior. :D It's like a very badly built... Paladin. o.o

Dammit. It looks like I'll be playing the best class first and the worse class last. :(

12. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

I drink coffee all morning (strong, but with milk & sugar) and tea (iced, decaf) all afternoon. And having just stepped out of the shower, I need to do a bit of unit-cleaning myself. Woo.

RL: Took the bicycle out yesterday evening for a ride with the Dallas version of a Critical Mass ride. Good times, and relatively easy, after a bit of a warmup. Fun.

And since I washed clothes on Thursday, I slept in today. So up at 7:45, make coffee, shower, email/rss, interwebsrufing, and, now, foruming. Woo.

I might go to a buddy's place later today for some swimming and cooking, but it all depends on what I hear back; if not, I might go to a keg party at a bike shop, but I'm almost certain to skip that (I don't drink, and it's at the fancy bike shop where everyone is so much prettier than me, and I tend to avoid large gatherings as a general rule, so I hope for some swimming and cooking. :yes:). I'll likely go to the grocery, but I don't really know why as I seem fairly-well stocked up, so I might skip it. Wait, I do need cheese and pretzels, and if I cook later, I'll need a chicken and some garlic and some ginger and some lemon, so I guess I will hit the grocery. Good times. And since I'll be out-and-about anyways, maybe I'll go phone shopping? Maybe, but probably not.

Lazy Saturday FTW!

RB: Didn't see any love yesterday evening, but at workies I delved a bit into what I remember about Universalizability and its pitfalls. I might read up on that some today. Anyways. I may have already reached the logical conclusion of my examination, but I'm unsatisfied with the result, so I continue searching. Good times.

13. CorruptedMollusk

CorruptedMollusk IncGamers Member

@TRM: I see what you did there.

RL: I'm up at an obscenely early hour for me. Off to the tile store to pick out what colors I like for my bathroom floor. Getting the whole bathroom remodeled when I go to Korea next week.

Coffee: I used to drink coffee from 3 minutes after I woke up until shortly before I went to bed, unless I switched to alcohol late in the night, but I've managed to cut back in the last few months to about a (giant) cup per day. Black always for me, but creme and sugar isn't a crime in my eyes.

D2: Had to abort the amazon for a bit due to lack of damage, got a sorc up to A3 Hell. She managed to find a base for Harmony, and if I get another Lem rune(look out Countess, I'm coming for you), I can make a Treachery to get the 'zon going again.

14. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

I love my coffee best with milk and sugar AND cream. Yummy.

I don't like black coffe, because it's very bitter. Just like beer. Yuck.

15. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Yeah things are different here in Germany. I don't know why my neighbors are so interested in holding my package. We haven't even been formally introduced yet.

16. Grapeape

Grapeape IncGamers Member

@the coffee discussion- i use to hate coffee, but when im brewing it i put a layer of cinnamon (about a 1/8th sized layer) over my coffee grounds, and drink it with a little milk and sugar and i love it... drink the stuff all day now. might wanna give that a try. a nice warm cup of green tea is pretty good aswell. :)

RL: Just got woken up by my roommate who was outside of my window trimming the hedges at the ungodly hour of 7:36 this morning (sometimes i swear he just wants to make my day start out horrible) so im incredibly grumpy. oh well, having my coffee right now... foruming e-mail checking the news. yesterday i bought a few movies i've been wanting to see, so later tonight i'll watch them. in a couple hours im off to the storage... clearing it out, finally get to dust off my guitars for the first time in 6 years (wonder if i can still play). after that going to clean my ugly mug up and get ready for a date i have later this evening... hopefully the girl dosen't turn out to be a total and complete idiot like my last blind date.

D2: of course! :D found out why my sorc can't kill the ancients (apperently only 1700 health with BO is a problem) so im going to do a bit of mfing switch some charms around and see if i can get her patted this afternoon, and begin my endless amounts of baal runs.

17. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

Coffee: I love coffee, but I don't mind how it is served, it's good always :D

RL: Nothing really, still home alone, so I guess some cooking/cleaning/stuff.

D2: Definitely, finally some time for it, so here I come :p

18. TemplarRoadkill

TemplarRoadkill IncGamers Member

RL: working whole weekend (unfortunately) but after monday ITS HOLIDAY!! 2 week s in italy, 2 weeks somewhere else (prolly budapest) aaah cant wait :)

D2: due a stupid and ridiculous copy/paste error (mixed 2 equal item with different fingerprint) im holded back from trading in SPF :( and thus eated all my game craves.. a'll keep a day off tonight