Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sleepless Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jamesixgun, Jul 10, 2010.

1. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

Sleepless Saturdaily

RL: Went to bed at 21:30 last night, couldn't sleep, got up and had a glass of water and interwebsurfed from 23:30 until 00:00. Finally got to sleep sometime around 00:30, only to awake at 04:45 and find that I couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well. No big deal, and, in fact, this could be good (sorta): 1) it's Saturday, and I can sleep all friggen day if I want to; 2) I can get a jump on the laundry: there's now way anyone's going to beat me there today! Mwahahahaha!

So: Coffee, interwebs, coffee, put clothes in washer, interwebs/read, coffee, put clothes in dryer, clean counters, take out trash, clean floors, fetch clothes and hang them, shower, go off to the grocery, and then some combination of sleep, interwebs, and Xfiles. I might call around a bit and see if there are any iPhones available for purchase anywhere. (I've continued thinking on the phone front, and it's down to "Eff it. I want an iPhone, I can afford the expense, so it's either iPhone 4 or continue on with my RAZR." From many angles, this 'decision' makes little sense, but, again, Eff it. I've become a master of denying myself all manner of desires, but this time, I'm going to give in: call it my 4-month sobriety present or something. Whatever. I don't have to justify this to you all anyways. :alright:)

D2: probably not.

2. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

Re: Sleepless Saturdaily

I went to bed on normal time last night(just past midnight), but I woke up at 6:30 instead of 9, so I'm shuffled in the brain today. Cousin coming over in the evening.

RL: Huh?

D2: Yeah, I got to hell. My character is still very weak, but hell capable nontheless(sp? Is there even a word like that?)

3. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

RL: Wife and I are taking the kids to a water park today... for those of you familiar with Wisconsin, USA, we're going to Mt. Olympus park in the Dells.

D2: Depends on how worn out I am upon our return tonight!

4. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

@ xxnothing: Love the Dells. I haven't been back in many, many years but I have extended family up there.

RL: Lots of grown-up stuff to do. Looks like a busy one, but we FINALLY have rain here so everyone's happy.

D2: Trying to find time to hammer in the last few million. Ah, to be in college again...

5. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

RL: Slept eight hours... about normal for me. Don't blame it on the coffee, I probably drink more than the next two people in line combined. Excersize (I bike), and eat well. Go to bed before you feel like you have to, and only for sleep... don't watch tv, play games, read, or any of that other stuff in bed.... well... some things should be done in bed... but we'll leave that to your imagination.

D2: Finishing up 87 with the barb... got a +4 Thunderstroke. My arm gives me about one pit run, maybe two, before it starts hurting. It's getting better though.

6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

@JayGun: I assume you mean the new model iPhone 4? Why not start with an older model? They''re probably a lot cheaper by now. You know my opinion on Apple though.

RL: Woke up late after a late night gaming session. Bit more gaming then work at 4. GF is stressed with her lazy sister, who is very lazy.

D2: Not today.

OVG: After work, some L4D MP and GTA4 MP probably

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  7. jamesixgun

@Pijus: it's 'nonetheless.'

@Shags: yep. There's only one thing I do in bed besides sleep, and (get your mind out of the gutter!) that's think. Though I wasn't thinking about anything much last night, but just couldn't sleep. I didn't have a ton of caffeine yesterday (no more than usual), but I did have a rather carb-heavy dinner, which is unusual for me, so that's probably it. Carb-heavy lunch + protein-heavy dinner = active day, peaceful night. Oh well.

@FE: is there any other iPhone 4? And I do know the opinions of Apple of many, and I have some misgivings about the walled garden. But I've yet to find any gadget-maker who provides any where near the level of user- and geek-friendliness of Apple, so here I am. Oh well.

8. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

@JayGun: IDK mate, I honestly don't follow it. I didn't even know the price of the iPad until Samantha asked me to find out for her. I'm sure there's some sub-models of iPhone 4, but have you looked at the iPhone 3 at all? I've heard good things about the HTC smartphones, but you seem pretty brand loyal. Also, Creative make better MP3 players than Apple.

9. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

@James: Did you hear about the thing where if you hold the iPhone4, it loses reception?

And creative does make great mp3 players.

And thanks for spelling that word out for me.

What is the difference between iPhones 1 2 3 and 4 anyway?

10. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

RL: Just waking up. Got about eight hours of sleep myself, so I'm feeling okay. No plans for the day. Should get a haircut, but then I'd have to shave, too. Guess I'll try tomorrow... maybe. Haven't heard a word from that girl I had lunch with last Monday, which makes me feel both relieved and sad. Glad I don't have to "force" myself to be around her, but... I thought I made myself look interesting for once. Am I not cute?? :wink: Besides, it was almost nice to be spending time with someone. Back on the hunt for companionship again soon, I guess.

D2: Not yet.

OVG: I started a vanquisher in Torchlight last night. Didn't play for very long, but I DID learn some valuable information: There are skill tabs. ...Yes, I played a destroyer for about six hours thinking that he had only ten possible skills in his arsenal 'cuz I didn't see the different tabs at the top. I'm a quick study. :rolleyes:

11. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

RL: Woke up, tried to make butter chicken with one of those instant-do-it-yourselves packages except with seafood, semi-edible, this is going to be a gg Saturday.

D2: MP? Level? HC? New char? :D

OVG: Torchlight. Two of my uniques got destroyed today via enchantment. I admit, I got greedy on my Gunslinger Battle Armor, which was already at 26% Disenchant, but my Gunslinger Battle Belt was only at 4% Disenchant when it had all its mods removed. :(

12. jamesixgun

@FE: Well, I could get an iPhone 3Gs (the previous model), but then it would be the previous model, and I wouldn't save anything on the plan, and would only save maybe 30% on the phone itself, so I'll go for the newer one. Plus, I've waited this long to get an iPhone, and will likely wait longer, so I'm going to get the newest model whenever I end up taking the plunge.

And HTC does make some decent phones. I've read loads of reviews of the various models and various carriers, and the Android phones with the highest reviews (and best specs) routinely score worse than the iPhone (Engadget: HTC Android phones score 8/10 (except the EVO, 9/10); iPhone 4 9/10; and the *problems* with the iPhone (ATT, reception loss when using the vulcan death grip to chit chat) seem exceedingly minor when compared to the EVO *problems* (poor video quality, Android version # and likelihood of getting a newer version of Android); cNet gives all 4/5 stars, but again the *problems* with the iPhone seem minor when compared with the issues of the HTC phones).

Of course, this is all personal preference, though I have done loads of research on other phones (Samsung loses: proprietary headphone jack; LG loses: no competent Android phones; Blackberry loses: don't need a business phone; Motorola loses: poor Android implementation; etc.).

As to Creative mp3 players, it's good to know that someone else makes a quality player. I'm still using a 4th Generation iPod (short-lived 40gb model, 1st model with a click-wheel, b/w screen). At the time (December 2003) it was the best mp3 player available. And, anyway, an iPhone will make both my beloved iPod and any other mp3 player superfluous.

Also, since I use macs and will spend at least some time transferring music, contacts, pictures, etc. back and forth between the phone and the computer, I'd like the process to be as smooth and easy as possible: iPhone wins, since it's made to work with iTunes. All other phones rely on drag&drop or some proprietary software to sync data, which would be a non-issue if the rivals won out in my research, or had some compelling features that weren't available on the iPhone. Anyway.

@Pijus: I have been following the reception issues, and I'm happy to admit that Apple has failed in their design of the phone, but only for a small subset of users who hold the phone in their left hand and cup the bottom left corner of the phone: at most 25% of users, but still a FAIL, and I suppose it means that Apple is losing it's rockstar design status in it's market expansion: not the first time (the original white macBooks were pretty poorly designed; iPod batteries are notoriously poor, especially in more recent models) and likely not the last, but still troubling. For me, while I do use my left hand to talk on the phone (among other things), I don't employ the vulcan death grip when using the phone, so it's a non-issue for me. Plus, any problems are alleviated by a case, which I'll likely get anyway to add a layer of protection.

As to iPhone versions: iPhone 1 (just 'iPhone') had a paltry 4gb of flash memory and used ATTs EDGE network (aka 2G: good for talk/text, poor for anything else); iPhone 2 (called 'iPhone 3G') had more memory and included a 3G antenna (I don't remember the name of the sort of network or radio); iPhone 3 ('iPhone 3Gs') was pretty much the same, but with more memory and a slightly speedier processor; iPhone 4 ('iPhone 4') has been redesigned (it's much prettier imo), has the same processor as the iPad, doubles or quaduples the ram, has a higher-resolution screen and camera, and has a front-facing camera. There may be more to it than that, but I don't recall.

And it's good to know I haven't lost my quasi-logical-but-still-largely-fanboy-attitude towards Apple products; or my ability to justify (if only in my mind) virtually any decision; or my ability to create nice WoTs! Gogo Me! :jig:

13. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

I could not sleep as well last night; maybe there's something in the water. I had to fall back a sleep 9 times to wake up at the desired time I wanted.

Rl: same old same old, maybe I'll walk the dog.

D2: not a clue right now

OVG: Obliteration dungeon in Tactics, this will waste most my day.

14. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

RL: Too hot. Spent this morning driving around for reasons to dull to explain.
    Joined the SG themed Mafia in community. Bad plan.

D2: No.

OVG: Apparently I'm leading a Master run (no deaths allowed). I thought I was just joining one. Kill me.

15. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I pondered joining that game, Thy, but decided against it. Community people annoy the hell out of me. Maybe if it was SPF.

RL: Boring stuff, maybe ride, more boring stuff.

D2: Might install it again, to kill boredom.

OVG: Played some GH3 last night, enjoyed it, so more gitfiddle hero for me.