Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Slain Monsters RIP

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Venrae, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Venrae

Venrae IncGamers Member

Slain Monsters RIP

If I'm wearing this, and my mercenary (who has no SMRIP mod) kills a monster, will the smrip mod carry over to my merc's kill?

I'm a blizz sorc who wants to do nhil. I can do it, but the CE is VERY annoying and I don't like burning 3 full juvs each time if I can avoid it.

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Unfortunately the answer is no IIRC.

3. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

omgwtfbbqpwned is correct. RIP mod will not carry over to your merc. Only way to give merc RIP is with a Tyraels Might or Lawbring RW.

4. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Even if both you and your merc has RIP, self-exploded monsters can still be CE'ed, so it's never completely safe. If you rely on your merc for Insight or Infinity, you can try to give him one made in normal poleaxe with low damage. If you're using Spirit shield, you should have enough str to use a Phoenix monarch on switch, which you can consider as well.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If your merc doesn't deal enough damage, he won't leech enough and die quickly, so giving him a low damage weapon is not a solution. In comparison to as lightning sorc, a merc won't kill much anyway, so you don't need RIP on him.

Versus Nihlathak, stay away from the merc and the exploded suicide minions.

6. Rekk_Dalton

Rekk_Dalton IncGamers Member

just use regular lightning instead of chain lightning and except for the 1/20 times he's immune to lightning nihl will be dead before he can blow anything up, i usually kill him w/in 2 lightnings sometimes ones shot him

after that switch to cl to clear the room

7. Venrae

Venrae IncGamers Member

Heh, no offense but some of you need to learn to read...

I am a Blizzard Sorc. I am cold only.

I AM ABLE to do hell nhil, it would just be much more efficient if the mod had carried over.

Thank you for the help, I guess I'm going to have to get my light sorc up faster then I would have liked.

8. herbboy

herbboy IncGamers Member

well i used my sorc who ha s full tals and i just slapped two dwarf stars on her and with my defiance merc i had 13k def and this allowed me to take 6-8 ce's b4 i died and this is usually more than enuff time to just tele near and cast blizz then tele away wait 8 secs come back for booty and maybe a key. Then i made my 125 fcr hdin and lets just say i dont need to use pots to kill the bastard now