Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skillz Tournament: Get Ready To Play

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Skillz Tournament: Get Ready To Play

Opening of a new tournament, the SKILLZ TOURNAMENT!

What it is: Single Player HC tournament

Object: To go as far as possible through the game without dying while only using limited skills. Once you die post it here, as in the ABC tournament there will be no mulligans. You may also post a screenshoot of your character's death here if you die.

Rules:

1.) Entrants into this tournament may enter only one character. They must start anew with no items muled onto them from other characters. You must randomly select your character class by assigning them a number 1-7. This link provided by azn_apocalyspe http://www.random.org/nform.html is a nice random number generator. You get one mulligan to reroll for another character, however if you chose this you must play the character you get the second time. However, the Necromancer build skellimancer is banned from this tournament to keep it fair. However if you pull a necromancer and want to build one, please PM with your build (Just a basic "Im think I'll use this, this, and this") and I'll send you back a message conforming if it is ok or not.

2.) All quests must be completed, however you may save imbue, socket, and personalize quests. Also, every waypoint must be collected.

3.) You may re-run areas for items and exp up to 5 times. So you may kill Mephisto 5 times, 1 for the quest and 4 more times for exp and items.

4.) All characters must only use skills up to the 12 level set. For example, if I was playing an amazon, I could use the skills Jab, Impale, Power Strike, Posion Javalin, and Lighting Bolt off of the Javalin & Spear Skills Tree, but not Charged Strike, Plauge Javalin, Fend, Lighting Strike, or Lighting Fury.

5.) Skill and Stat points earned can be used in anyway wanted and are not resricted in this tournament except for the obvious fact stated in the above rule.

6.) The game may be played on any difficulty, and may be changed at anytime in game.

7.) The Prize: Every entrant must submit the *best* item they find for the prize stash. If you die in Act One Normal and the best item you find is a biggins bonnet, still submit it. You can e-mail a mule containing that item to [email protected] and I will set up an ATMA stash containing those items. Depending on the number of items recieved first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place will each get a different amount of items. For example, if we had 15 entrants, first place would get the first choice of 5 items, then second place would get his choice of 4 items left after number one got his, 3rd would get 3, 4th would get 2, and fifth would get the last 1.

Please post your character updates regularly and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Good luck, you'll need it! :thumbsup:

Thanks to azn_apocalyspe for his tournament that gave me the idea for this one. And also for the form of his post, because I pretty much copied the structure of his tournament rules. So big round of applause for azn! :clap:

2. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

Hmm, sounds interesting. Count me in. :)

3. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Set it up as follows:
    Amazon 1
    Assassin 2
    Paladin 3
    Barb 4
    Necromancer 5
    Sorceress 6
    Druid 7

Rolled a 3 first, tempting but rolled again hoping for an assassin. Got a 6 so meet Pandora The Ice Magess!

4. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

Ok, I rolled a six but not being a big sorc fan I decided to roll again and...got a six. :grrr: Oh well guess I am making a sorc of some sort. :)

5. simeonb

simeonb IncGamers Member

OK, I'm in.

Rolled a 3 but not too happy playing a Pally, so rolled again and got a 7...a Druid it is.

Say hello to Arthur the Mauler. :howdy:

edit: 1 question...can we mule items found by the character off and on?

6. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

This looks interesting.

I rolled a 1...an amazon named Brooklyn has joined the tourney.

Question: Are we allowed to use items that give us skills beyond the 12th level barrier? What if they are on charges? Gotta love the teleport. :uhhuh:

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

May we put points in lvl18+ skills for synergy bonuses if we promise to not use those skills?

Also, I´ve never used ATMA (just downloaded it) and I have a question. Can you mule off an item from a dead character (meaning that if I want to actually use the "best" item I´ve found, I can)?

8. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

count me in, i rolled a 7, rerolled and rolled another 7, :grrr: im gonna get started on him straightaway, after i get my food from upstairs, Kalex the druid of unknown skill selection is underway!

9. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

I'll hop in on this too, in the morning though. This would be a lot easier i think than the alpha tourney (I'm having trouble finding good items hehe)...

So Let's roll....1. Amazon, I'm playing ama in the alpha. Reroll...4. Baba! Good thing masteries are in the first levels. :)

Say hello to Fandango the Baba.

10. loverat

loverat IncGamers Member

Sweet! Thanks for doing this =)

As my Alpha tourney sorc just bit the dust I will give this a go!

OK - I rolled a 6 first up - NO WAY! My re-roll brought me a 7 so I will be starting my druid and he shall be named... Lord_Lithium.

Good luck all and above all have funz!!

11. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I've been looking for something to get my interested in this game again and it looks like this could be it.

Rolled a 6 first up, had a look what character it was.... uh... no thanks
    (I already have a Sorc, I'm kinda burned out on her), rerolled and got a 7, shame is that I've just started a Druid but thats life. No idea what type he will be but I'm sure I will figure something out :)
    Also, it would be handy to know if we are allowed to get Slvl 12+ Skills for synergies.

Sam

12. a_shikoff

a_shikoff IncGamers Member

I'm in - rolled 6 first but decidet to reroll. Second attempt - 7 DRUID - that's OK.
    Let's try this tourney - here comes Arthur - the tourney druid

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i think that is againt the rules, as there would be nothing stopping you from using them and there would be no proof.
    i dunno how much ill play her, but i rolled a 2, so ill be doing a MA sin. never mde 1, o its off the the ssin forum for me for ideas.

14. LORD NIKON

LORD NIKON IncGamers Member

Count me in this one , although I'll start later in the afternoon (I have work now)

15. Pucho

Pucho Banned

count me in too

edit: rolled 1 first, but then a 4, so I guess I'll start a pally, skilled will be his name

16. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I'm in .

hum roll a 5 , reroll 5 : necro so I have not the choice, that's not my fault. So I'm obliged to have an hord of squelet, I can't see another solution

17. Jak

Jak IncGamers Member

This will be my first tourney here at the SP forum, so yay me!

I first rolled a 5, and then also rolled a 5.

Look out for a skellimancer coming your way soon :thumbsup:

Edit: Hey that's wierd - we both got the same results for our first and seconds tries at the same time.

18. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well I'll join I rolled a 4 and then a 5 so a necro for me. Still have to find a name though :scratch: .

19. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I can see definately see another solution. Clay Golem (with good Mastery) and Iron Maiden (and merc help) to get a first kill, then Amp + Corpse Explosion. Any merc will work with this build. You have Dim Vision, Terror and Bone Wall for crowd control, and finally you can have some physical protection with Bone Armor. You shouldn´t be so stuck with the thought of a skeleton build (that goes for you too, Jak), especially since that build is not allowed in this tournament (see rule #1).

My suggested build would have problems to kill things if you raise the players setting too high, but I think it would easily be viable in Hell on players 1. In fact, I intend to roll for a character and definately enter the tournament if I roll a necromancer, just to prove the viability of a non-skeleton necro with up to level 12 skills.

20. El Communisto

El Communisto IncGamers Member

This sounds like fun. And I haven't participated in a SP tournament in ages.

First roll - 1. Ugh. No thanks. I'm not a fan of amazons.
    Second roll - 4. Crap. Ah well. Since I started my Frenzy-barb, I've been debating a double-swinger instead. We shall see how well it works...

Starting Burninated the Barb in a few minutes. (I went rock climbing yesterday and my face got burnt like it was going out of style. :( Ouch.)

EC
    :drink:
    Mmmm....beeeer.