Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skills vs Elite items

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Hex, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Skills vs Elite items

While hanging out with my friend in a melee duel game with my necro ( I wasn't hostile and was just watching) a level 86 necro came in and hostiled all. From various sorces I know that he was using Hoto, Enigma, Shako, Maras, 2 sojs, arach mesh etc. While my lvl 69 was using Wiz Spike, Enigma, Shako, Manald healX2, Eye of Etlitch, Marrow walks, MAge fists, Glooms. Now I expected it to be more difficult then it was. I consider myself "smart" by gettin a clay golem with mastery and summon res.

Well after about 8 duels it was weighted. 8 wins= Me, 0 Wins=Other guy.

He didn't play very smartly and made a mass of stupid mistakes. Which brings me to my idea. I believe that a necro with pretty good items can beat a necro with god items, if the necro with the "Lesser" items could kill with more skill at dueling with a necro. I would like other peoples input and see if you agree or disagree with my idea.

2. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

Hi Hex,

Well it's quite hard, obviously, with about equal skill, it's the items that makes the difference. However, if you're dueling someone who doesnt know what he's doing, then he can have the best equipment ever, but he'll still loose. There's a balance between this but thats very abstract since skill unlike items can not be measured.

grtz Naz

3. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

that's the sad part about 99% of b.net. most everyone thinks that uber leet items makes up for everything. and that they now become indestructible.

when i dueled in 09, it was my skill that took down 100% of the opponents. i would go into pubbies and rock the shiit out of damn near everyone. my fav were the super hacked baba's w/ ith / 08 ss / 08 arreats / 08 valor / duped jewelry + boots / 290 + 3.20.20 sc's out the ying yang falling my hybrid thrower / ww baba.

don't get me started on what my trapper did to countless kids on b.net

so to sum it up, in dueling, while items are important, it's definately skill that takes one person over the edge to victory.

g

4. Boxer1

Boxer1 IncGamers Member

It's not how you beat them but who you beat...

Who cares if you can beat a noob with godly gear... you beat someone who actually knows a thing or two about this game with mediocre gear then come tell us about it.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

right.

but dueling in pubs is fun sometimes. that's what i was talking about. i used to duel with some ol' buddies from dii.net, but they are long gone. it's been a couple YEARS!

g

6. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Well I just got my butt served to me on a silver platter by an awesome necro. Both were equally matched in skills, in the end he won because he had better items. I don't have enough stuff so I will probably quit scxl and play hcxl. Not to sure though at this point in time.