Skills Question

Toxis

Diabloii.Net Member
Skills Question

hey guys :howdy:

I'm making a pit strafer zon hybrid.. (java with lighting fury as well)
ive maxed my main skills Strafe and Lightening Fury and have put sufficent points into my passive and magic skills. i have quite a few left over, would you recommened investing these in guided arrow... i know its been down graded but the added damage would help me take down act bosses... strafe does not seem to be to good at taking down bosses. or should i just beef up my valkyrie?

Thanks in advance

- Toxis

[ 1st amazon post :lol: ]

Toxis

Diabloii.Net Member
EDIT the reason i think strafe is not working so well is the low attack rating i have its only 2.5k with gives me about 40%-50% of hitting perhaps i should max penatrate to compensate for the attack rating as my skills are not adding any Attack rating

[sorry edit time ran out as i was typing]

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless you want to show off when asked "dam?" on bnet (I don't remember ever being asked for "ar?" or "fpa?"), Penetrate isn't a bad thing to have :) It does depend on gear and what kind of things you want to kill with the bow --- if you are only going for normal monsters, ITD would suffice :) Although I don't remember whether the Javelin has to hit to release the bolts...

Personally, I use Strafe vs. just about anythng except hard PIs (she's not a hybrid...), but I haven't maxed Guided --- it's at one hardpoint. I don't know whether *I* would use it more if I had put more points into it.

I guess it's very much a matter of preference as well --- I just like the auto-targeting of Strafe and the fact that it fires a constant stream of arrows (using a Windforce at 120IAS, and if you want to make "wind" the theme of the build than Strafe certainly goes with the theme... I even have a Carrion Wind in stash if I need to take off the Nature's peace).

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't like strafe. the auto targetting feature drives me crazy. if there are enough targets in range and 1 behind me, that one gets an arrow like every 5 seconds, slowing down everything. the ar thing is going to haunt you forever, don't worry about it. all you can do is use itd or jah, and these don't work on bosses/players.

i used demon arch + jab + crushing blow to take out bosses, and it worked pretty well.

don't bother with impale or fend.

how many points do you have left? if you have under 20, max valk. otherwise, you can't invest enough in one skill for it to be all that useful.

around 40 though i would be seriously thinking about freezing arrow + synergy.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Superhal said:
i don't like strafe. the auto targetting feature drives me crazy. if there are enough targets in range and 1 behind me, that one gets an arrow like every 5 seconds, slowing down everything.

around 40 though i would be seriously thinking about freezing arrow + synergy.
The auto target thing in strafe is why I think FA is strafes best friend. FA them and then strafe them down. It doesn't matter about auto target if they are frozen. Keep them frozen longer with charms in hell and it works well.

richo

Diabloii.Net Member
Toxis said:
hey guys :howdy:

I'm making a pit strafer zon hybrid.. (java with lighting fury as well)
ive maxed my main skills Strafe and Lightening Fury and have put sufficent points into my passive and magic skills. i have quite a few left over, would you recommened investing these in guided arrow... i know its been down graded but the added damage would help me take down act bosses... strafe does not seem to be to good at taking down bosses. or should i just beef up my valkyrie?

Thanks in advance

- Toxis

[ 1st amazon post :lol: ]
with strafe ya need much Ar, but with LF you dont need ar if you got a decent LF dmg then i would say take care for good evade dodge and avoid, lvl 1 pierce and a 50-70 CS, and the rest in penetrate thats they way i would say but depends on how much you use strafe instead of LF

rgzzz
RICHO

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
Dacar92 said:
The auto target thing in strafe is why I think FA is strafes best friend. FA them and then strafe them down. It doesn't matter about auto target if they are frozen. Keep them frozen longer with charms in hell and it works well.
i get more value out of multishot and leech, imho. i shoot off screen and watch for leech bursts on my char.