Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+Skills past 20 nearly useless?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

+Skills past 20 nearly useless?

I have fury, lycanthropy, and wolf maxed, +8 from bonuses, bringing them to 28. I was looking at the increases in damage and A/R, and they dont seem to be worth it (gains are very small after 20). Is there any real benefit from having these skills that high? The only reason I consider keeping them is because it brings my feral rage up, for a very high life leech. I have a pskull in my LS, feral rage is ~level 14, carrion wind, string of ears, rare +2 SS skills with leech ammy, and will soon be wearing another carrion wind.

The only time Im having trouble in hell is when there are lots of skeletons around, because I cant leech. Radamants lair is a PITA.

On a side note, is a +3 necro summoning skills, +30 str ammy worth anything? I figure itd be good to help a necro use some heavier equipment.

TIA

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

I don't think all those +Skills would be necessary... it depends on what gear gives it to you though... If you get all 8 From Skill Charms, dump them. They don't offer a big enough benefit.

Certain other Druid Skills, like Rabies, Fire Claws, Summons and Elemental all Really benefit from +Skills... but the skills you mentioned get very light boosts in comparison.

You Have a fair amount of Leech already, including a lvl6Feral without +Skills... so you'll be good without them.

The ammy, not really worth anything... Some one might give you a few things if they're looking for an ammy like that. It's nice, but far from valuable. (Summoning Necros can be played Naked and don't require heavy duty gear)

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

There may be other gear that will help you more than the +skills will. Maybe if you said what you were wearing we could help more.

You should have plenty of leech as is. More than enough, I'd wager. But then again, it can save your life in a pinch.

Good luck!

4. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Jalals Mane, Ptopazd
    Either Duriels shell or Griz Armor (3 ptopaz)
    Carrion wind and ravenfrost/dwarfstar
    IK Gloves or MF rare gloves
    IK belt or Goldwrap
    Perf. Saracens Chance or +2 shapeshifting skills +res. all ammy or MF ammy
    Lightsabre and Tiamat's Rebuke (pdiamond) OR windhammer
    Goreriders or MF boots

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

So I'm thinking you use somethiing like 4 SS charms. You don't need em. Better off going with +Life or even Mf since you seem to like it. +Dmg charms would result in increased leech if that is still a big concern for you.

Jal's Mane is just too good to ditch. It offers so much beyond just skills.

6. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Bah. Ok, a lvl 20 fury does 423%ed, a lvl 33 fury does 644% ed. Not to mention the + skills also effect your % attack rating and hit points and duration while shifted. + skill grand charms are not as bad as your implying, and they are alot cheeper.

I guess you could take it down to what kind of weapon your going to use. A high end max damage weapon like an ebotd thundermaul wont really be effected by sharp/fine sc's as much as a higher %ed fury from shifting grand charms. On the other hand your cruel mythical swords of quicky have low damage {compared to an ebotd...}, and fine / sharp sc's would yeild more damage. {These charms are rather expensive compared to shifting grand charms, and if your going to use that lightsaber for a while, i wouldnt bother with them.}

So the real question is; what weapon do you plan on using end game?

7. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

End game gear has changed as of recent.

The one hand and shield is the same.

the two hand weapon is now a IK maul, also using IK gloves and belt, so damage (elem.) is boosted a lot.