+skills or MF? Where is the trade-off?

Sunjeet

Diabloii.Net Member
+skills or MF? Where is the trade-off?

I have a lvl 73 MF Meteorb Sorc that has reached Act 1 Hell, but is leveling on NM Baal runs still.

I recently came across Vindala's amulet and boots and found that if I wear them instead of my current amulet and boots, I will gain 35% MF (50% gain from the amulet, but I already have MF on the boots I'm currently using), but lost +1 skills and 18% Cold Resist (it'll still be maxed in NM though). But I'll also gain 30% Faster Run/Walk. So the question is, Is 35% MF worth losing +1 skill? Or should I set aside the MF for when I'm leveling and bring it back when I do runs?

Edit: Oops, I also realized I'm losing 27% lightning resists and 40% poison resists (they are on the rare boots along with the MF difference).
 

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
Sunjeet said:
I have a lvl 73 MF Meteorb Sorc that has reached Act 1 Hell, but is leveling on NM Baal runs still.

I recently came across Vindala's amulet and boots and found that if I wear them instead of my current amulet and boots, I will gain 35% MF (50% gain from the amulet, but I already have MF on the boots I'm currently using), but lost +1 skills and 18% Cold Resist (it'll still be maxed in NM though). But I'll also gain 30% Faster Run/Walk. So the question is, Is 35% MF worth losing +1 skill? Or should I set aside the MF for when I'm leveling and bring it back when I do runs?

Edit: Oops, I also realized I'm losing 27% lightning resists and 40% poison resists (they are on the rare boots along with the MF difference).
A better combo is tancred's ammy and boots. That gives 78 to MF on the amulet from the combo. They are also fairly easy to find.
 

Sunjeet

Diabloii.Net Member
Miladys-Knight said:
A better combo is tancred's ammy and boots. That gives 78 to MF on the amulet from the combo. They are also fairly easy to find.
Unfortunately I don't have the boots, but would that then be worth it to lose the resists and +skills?
 

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
Sunjeet said:
Unfortunately I don't have the boots, but would that then be worth it to lose the resists and +skills?
My sorc does. I use wiz spike and dual P diamond mosers while teleporting and switch to dual isted Ali and Rhyme heater while making the kill.
 
Top