Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skills maxed too soon?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by morbidvandal, Oct 8, 2006.

1. morbidvandal

morbidvandal IncGamers Member

skills maxed too soon?

Hey, I made a lvl 90 fanat. zealer. I threw in a coh, torch & anni before maxing out some skills like (fanat. & holy shield). I have more than 4+ skills, but my fanat, is still 28, this sucks. :shocked: Has this happened to anyone else? I already started another pally & dont' want to repeat this. Also, Im using a hoz w/ my zealer right now, would it be better off for me to use exile?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Can you explain this in more detail please? I only have a vague idea as to what you're talking about.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Well, with my Fanatic Zealot, I made sure I maxed Fanaticism first, since it gives the most damage/point.

Fanaticism = +17% damage, +5% AR per point
    Zeal = +6% damage, +10% AR per point
    Sacrifice = +12% damage per point

With my skill progression, I put the 4 points in Zeal early on, ~10 in Holy Shield, then went on to max Fanaticism first, followed by Sacrifice, followed by Zeal. I then finished off maxing Holy Shield. That way I got a higher damage output early on, to compensate for the low-damage levelling weapons (Aldur's Mace tyvm) before Grief was available. All 4 of the key Zealot skills on my level ** pally are maxed (Zeal, Sacrif., Fanat., H.Shield).

As for HoZ vs Exile, I can't really say, since it's really up to personal preference. Both are adequate. However, if it's for general PvM, then I'd go with HoZ, since it's not only easier to obtain than Exile, but it wins out on blocking%, resists, and smite damage when upgraded (+4 combat skills). You most likely should have drac's as your gloves as your source of CTC life tap.

4. morbidvandal

Dilema

Thanks for replying first are foremost...that goes for both replies. I should have been a bit clearer in my wording. I basically thought that by adding +skills gear (maras), (coh), (hoz) that I was reaching my max lvl for those particular skills ( fanaticism, zeal, sacrifice) too early. It seemed like i added 23 into fanat. and I wasn't able to add anymore after I maxed it with my gear. Can that happen, that's my question. I just tested it again, and I took all my + gear off e.g. hoz, coh, anni, etc. and i have 20 in fanat, and like 22 in holy shield and it says I cannot add anymore...i mean, what's going on here that I cannot add anymore, because it says max lvl has already been reached?? Basically, I restarted another pally , lvl 75 and I may do it over, the right way though.

So, that brings me to my next point, I have like 11 skills left fanat. zeal. sacrifice & holy shield are maxed. My gear: ebotd, um hoz, fort, guillaumes, gores, dracs, (low) ravens, saracens chance, low dungos, & cta/pally spirit on switch. My damage is like 2.7-7.7k, but I'm still not owning the big crowds in pvm fast enough. My ias is 75, and cb 50, d.s. 30. should i get maras, for +skills, or highlords for d.s. & ias?

Oh, and one more thing...how do i get my resists so they're over 75% max, like does adding pts to light resist give u permanent base resist? It sounds odd, because I never had to add them.

5. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Hang on... You are complaining you cannot add anymore skills because they are at the max level?

ok, if you were new, you would be forgiven... but you can afford a COH, A Ptorch and an anni!

*shakes head* Only in the Paladin forum...

Oh, and your new questions, Go with Highlords, for the DS. Maras is junk on most melee (WWsins excepted).

Yes, the resists auras provide a passive +1 to max resist per 2 points in them. They are probably not really worth investing in though. Add to something else instead, like Smite or Defiance.

Laz

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Well if you have 11 points left, that is for those 1 point wonders and utility skills. Your Gear is efficient but not optimized. Trade the ebotdz for a grief if you can and get Highlords as well. That will easily push your DS to 80% which lets you deal double damage 4 out of 5 times.

And a zealot isn't all about owning pvm crowds, it is about tanking extremely well, if you want to own crowds, you play a Hammerdin/Zon/Sorc etc.

7. morbidvandal

improvements

I went ahead and got a highlords...and wow, did that help. I just tanked Dclone in less than a minute with fanat. zeal. My fire res. was 65 and other resists dropped as well with switching the ammy, but lightning is still 80. So, I think exile is out of the question, since I can't get high enough res. with um'd hoz as is...so I'll prob stick with hoz. And I may invest in a 5res sc. When i took ebotd off my str went down significantly. Then my hoz became unusable. I think i prefer ebotd anyway.

If anyone has a gimmershred ft. let me know. Im getting tired of the PI's