Skills help

Throtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Skills help

Hey guys, I recently picked up D2 again. Never played a paladin before this character and was wondering if I could get some advice.

I was told that thorns was good, so I put 6 points into that and a few into the resistance auras. Then I got the rest of them into zeal basically.

After reading a lot of guides on these message boards I notice that none of them have either of these auras listed.

So basically my question is this, should I go ahead and remake my paladin before I level up anymore then I already have(I'm level 44 right now)? I want a pally that is mainly good for pvp, but obviously decent for tanking in pvm while working on leveling.

tyazn

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back, first of all if your going to make any character he/she should really have a set of skills that pertains to what they wanna become.

I see that u maxed zeal and if u wanted to make a zealot paladin, then there are guides out there that can help you with the stats and skills but I do know that when becoming a zealot paladin u wanna max zeal, sacrifice, and fantacism.

As far as restarting, I think that if u wanna make a pvp then yea you should restart because if your dueling high end stacked people, then wasting points in thorns and etc is gonna hurt you in the end.

Throtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, thanks man, I think I'm just going to pick up from where I'm at now with one of those zealot guides. Just finish off to level 70-80 or so, and then start a new character so I can have a solid high level character for items/cash etc. Then I'm gonna make a new paladin solely for PvP.

And one more question, which of the builds is best for PvP?

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, thanks man, I think I'm just going to pick up from where I'm at now with one of those zealot guides. Just finish off to level 70-80 or so, and then start a new character so I can have a solid high level character for items/cash etc. Then I'm gonna make a new paladin solely for PvP.

And one more question, which of the builds is best for PvP?
There really isnt one build that is the best for PvP but a good desync hammerdin or liberator or mage can work well, myself I love v/t's. And for melee duels its all about zealers.

Throtic

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot, I've been reading a lot about Hammerdins, so I'll shoot for one of those. Is there any guides to hammerdins on these forums? I tried to go to the ones posted in the sticky, but the filter here at work blocks those because they aren't on the forums :\