Skills and ungodly damage

HotHeaded

Diabloii.Net Member
Skills and ungodly damage

is there a limit to how high you can get your skills? i was thinking about how people, espescially pallys, use skill gc's and thinking to myself about how high a hdins dmg must be if they are using the best gear. shako, maras, hoto, enigma, hoz, 2xsojs, arachs, cta, torch, anni, and 9 pcomb gc. that's a whole lot of + all skills and + combat skills. you must be able to boost your stats that high otherwise people wouldn't use them. so how high would the dmg be from hammers if someone had all of those items? i know people do and any input would be great i tried to figure it out but lvl 50 hammers? with lvl 38 concentration? that has to be insane dmg. thanks in advance.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
is there a limit to how high you can get your skills? i was thinking about how people, espescially pallys, use skill gc's and thinking to myself about how high a hdins dmg must be if they are using the best gear. shako, maras, hoto, enigma, hoz, 2xsojs, arachs, cta, torch, anni, and 9 pcomb gc. that's a whole lot of + all skills and + combat skills. you must be able to boost your stats that high otherwise people wouldn't use them. so how high would the dmg be from hammers if someone had all of those items? i know people do and any input would be great i tried to figure it out but lvl 50 hammers? with lvl 38 concentration? that has to be insane dmg. thanks in advance.
that comes to about 17k dmg. You can hit 20k or so if you're in a party where a second paladin has a high conc lvl.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure the limit is 255. The most you can get without cheating is around 60 (necros can have +3 shields, and a white runeword with an inherit +3 in something that white adds to, there's also marrowalks. However, fire skills can get the boost from magefist, and there's t-god's and that cold belt too. Shadow dancers add to shadow disp.)

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Merick, corpse explosion would be able to recieve maximum bonuses then, since it gets the pnb bonus from white along with +1 fire skills from magefists! :thumbsup:

Hm, 22 yards of CE at lvl60, thats quite a lot...:rolleyes:

255 is the maximum that the game supports afaik. Not very reachable on bnet though...

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
is there a limit to how high you can get your skills?

Yeah, but hopefully you don't just focus on the "damage" aspect of the game. There are other fun things too, you know. ;)

BloZ

Diabloii.Net Member
255 is the maximum that the game supports afaik. Not very reachable on bnet though...
In 1.09 wasn't there a hacked item that put your stats in the negative and allowed you to boost your skills forever? Did it stop at 255? I don't know as I didn't play much 1.09 :undecided:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.09 wasn't there a hacked item that put your stats in the negative and allowed you to boost your skills forever? Did it stop at 255? I don't know as I didn't play much 1.09 :undecided:
I think there was a bug for a while where if unequiped and re-equiped the angelic set, your +skills would keep going higher and higher.
I wish I'd kept a log of these kind of curiosities over the course of D2 :\

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
I once had a SingerBarb with Lvl 54 Battle Orders :grin: !
Everytime I casted BO in Baalruns, the other party members were like "zoMg BaRb BO LvL ???"... Pretty annoying in the long run. And I don't even talk about some other players that didn't stop casting BO from their crappy +2 CtA...

arbing

Diabloii.Net Member
iirc the skill limit now is level 99. regardless of what +skill items you have. this is tested in single player

Senshiki

Diabloii.Net Member
The biggest skill boost ossible is with druids, for their fire skills.

Earth Shifter Thunder Maul - +7
Ele Amulet - +3
9 Grand Charms - +9
Annihalus/Torch - +4
Any +2 Skill Armor - +2
Spirit Shield - +2
Arachnid Mesh - +1
2x Soj/Bl Kathos - +2
Magefists - +1
Ravenlore Bird Helm - +3

So if a fire druid maxed out all of their fire skills to 20, they would all reach level 53. Not too shabby, too bad there are so many fire immunes.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
The biggest skill boost ossible is with druids, for their fire skills.

Earth Shifter Thunder Maul - +7
Ele Amulet - +3
9 Grand Charms - +9
Annihalus/Torch - +4
Any +2 Skill Armor - +2
Spirit Shield - +2
Arachnid Mesh - +1
2x Soj/Bl Kathos - +2
Magefists - +1
Ravenlore Bird Helm - +3

So if a fire druid maxed out all of their fire skills to 20, they would all reach level 53. Not too shabby, too bad there are so many fire immunes.
You should speak so authoritatively when something that can be higher has already been mentioned.

White in a +3 bone armor wand: +9 bone armor
+3 all skills necro shield.
+0 from gloves

+12 from these three items.
The druid gets +8 from these three items. That is the only difference. Meaning bone armor can get to 57.

The necro can also get +7 skele mast from white, and +3 from sheild, and +2 from marrows, meaning +12, which also ends up at level 57.

You can also get +7 teeth from boneshade, +3 from shield, +10 total, level 55 total.

CE can get +6 from white, +3 from shield, +1 from magefists, +10 total, level 55 total.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
What are you refering to, Rabbitz? I included that in my calculations.

Hm, I just noticed you included a thunder maul with a shield, not going to happen, fire druids can get 51 then.
All sorc skills can get +3 skill tree, +3 individual skill, and +2 spirit as well, which is +8.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Take that Ravenlore away and make a Druid Delirium with +3 base in some of those skills...

mr hamster

Diabloii.Net Member
So wait...i played around with the skills calculator and the max i could possibly get with hammers is around 23K, with optimal gear. Today in pubs there was this hammerdin claiming 28K...would he be lying?

Ok to achieve optimal damage, would +3 Combats be better, or +2 all? B/c i could/probably be totally wrong

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
You should speak so authoritatively when something that can be higher has already been mentioned.

White in a +3 bone armor wand: +9 bone armor
+3 all skills necro shield.
+0 from gloves

+12 from these three items.
The druid gets +8 from these three items. That is the only difference. Meaning bone armor can get to 57.

The necro can also get +7 skele mast from white, and +3 from sheild, and +2 from marrows, meaning +12, which also ends up at level 57.

You can also get +7 teeth from boneshade, +3 from shield, +10 total, level 55 total.

CE can get +6 from white, +3 from shield, +1 from magefists, +10 total, level 55 total.
20 Hard Points invested in Shadow Master (for example)
+3 Shadow Skills circlet
+3 Shadow Skills Amulet
+6 Shadow Master Claw (+3 Shadow Skills, +3 Shadow Master staffmod)
+6 Shadow Master Claw (+3 Shadow Skills, +3 Shadow Master staffmod)
+2 Assassin Skills from Treachery
+1 from SoJ
+1 from SoJ
+1 from Arachnid Mesh
+2 Shadowskills from Shadow Dancers
+4 Skills from Anni/Torch
+9 Shadow Skills from Grand Charms
+1 from Battle Commands
+2 from Skill Shrine
= Slvl 61 Shadow Master. Doesn't have to be Shadow Master- CoS, Weapon Block, Shadow Warrior, Shadow Master, Fade, Venom, and Mind Blast should all theoretically be capable of hitting the magic slvl 61. Actually, theoretically, you're capable of hitting slvl 61 with THREE of those skills at one time (good luck finding a pair of +3 Shadow Skills, +3 Shadow Master, +3 Fade, +3 Mind Blast claws, though). No other skill in the game can manage to break slvl 60.

If you cast a Slvl 61 Shadow Warrior/Master, and then Battle Commands her, and then get her to cast Fade, she'll have 91% Physical Resistance, and immunity to Fire/Cold/Lightning/Poison. Talk about a tank.

Edit: Actually, fun little tidbit. For skills with diminishing returns, such as D/A/E, Critical Strike, Pierce, Natural Resistances, Fade, etc... the diminishing returns are all calculated so as to reach a certain breakpoint at exactly slvl 60. For instance, Weapon Block doesn't increase in the slightest between slvl 49 and slvl 59, but increases from 64% to 65% at slvl 60. All diminishing returns skills will go through a long period of no increase through the slvl 50 range, and all of them will go up 1% to their intended max value when they hit slvl 60.