Skillers Question

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
Skillers Question

Have a quick question about skillers. I know that you need to get a Grand Charm in at least late nightmare before you try to re-roll for a skiller. What should the minimum item level be for the Grand Charm? Thanks in advance. :)
 

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
50.

10 chars
Will that also get Skillers of Vita? No good suffix's left out? Cuz I have (had) the same question, and I am getting tired of over 100 baal kills and no GC/sc's yet.
 

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Vita: +(36-40) Life, ilvl 77
Vita: +(41-45) Life, ilvl 91
Vita: +(46-50 Life, ilvl 110


lvl 85 areas are good places to get skillers of vita :D or atleast lots of charms to roll
 

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
Will that also get Skillers of Vita? No good suffix's left out? Cuz I have (had) the same question, and I am getting tired of over 100 baal kills and no GC/sc's yet.
In short no. 50 is chosen because it's the minimum level required for skill prefix, but exclude the higher level prefix to give you a smaller possible choices, thus higher chance of have skill. For vita you need higher level, >77 for up to 40 life, >91 for up to 45.

edit: Damn it, every time I decide to actually answer things in detail I get owned by a bunch of people...
 

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
NSXdreamer said:
edit: Damn it, every time I decide to actually answer things in detail I get owned by a bunch of people...
the wonders of copy n paste
 

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
Vita: +(36-40) Life, ilvl 77
Vita: +(41-45) Life, ilvl 91
Vita: +(46-50 Life, ilvl 110


lvl 85 areas are good places to get skillers of vita :D or atleast lots of charms to roll
Ok, gotcha. I shall commit to begin using my 400+ pgem stash to find more skillers! Hehe, also thanks to all 3 who managed to answer in the span of 2 minutes... nice!
 

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
Ok, gotcha. I shall commit to begin using my 400+ pgem stash to find more skillers! Hehe, also thanks to all 3 who managed to answer in the span of 2 minutes... nice!
Does it take an average of 33 gems, or 33 tries to make a skiller?
 

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
Shagsbeard said:
Does it take an average of 33 gems, or 33 tries to make a skiller?
I have no idea. That does scare me, though, thinking of all those gems going down the drain for a +1 curses GC....

*shiver*
 

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually fill up my pack and stash with PGems and 3 GCs, plus 1 GC & 3 gems in the cube. Not sure how many rolls that is, but on rare occasions I can get 4 useful charms before running out of gems. More likely is 1 or 2. at the other end, I get 0 more often than 4 but less than 1 or 2

(note that "useful" encompasses more than skillers but includes those +1 to curses that are rather useless)
 

WiseGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno if this is encouragement or not, but I used ~400 Pgems to cube GCs and here's the results:

Skillers
2 Sorc Fire
1 Sorc Cold
1 Sorc Lightning w/ 5 Dex
1 Trap w/ 16% extra gold
1 Defensive Aura

Also kept:
+32 to Life, +53 to Mana
+5 to Strength, +113 to Attack Rating
+110 to Attack Rating, +4 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Life, +74 to Attack Rating, +10 to Maximum Damage

Used about half 82-87 ilvl charms and half 50-55.
 

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
There is not a big difference between using ilvl 50s and ilvl 85s.
As mentioned, the odds are about 1/22 at ilvl 50 and 1/23 at ilvl 85. That is rolls, not gems. So you are looking at high 60s in PGems for each one (on average of course). So WG's results are exactly on target (6 from 400 gems).

And yes, when you get a +Curses or +Def Auras skiller you are sad.

BTW it's not like skillers are the only good GCs either, I keep:
Sharps with a second mod or that are +9 max or better
Serpent's with a second mod or that are +55 mana or better
Shimmering with a second mod or that are 13% res all or better

and also consider
Stalwarts that are near perfect (close to +100 def)
Steels that are near perfect (close to +132 AR)

I may never use the latter two but good to have them if you ever come up with a build that needs them. They are the best possible def and AR per square respectively.

[edit] Is it interesting that all those mods start with S?
 
does the char lvl matter? casue it would be really cool to mule gems/charms/cube to a lvl one char and not have to strip other chars stash/inventory for space.
 

Nightfire05

Diabloii.Net Member
No, Pinkey, clvl doesn't matter, all that matters is the ilvl of the charm, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
 

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Thrugg said:
There is not a big difference between using ilvl 50s and ilvl 85s.
As mentioned, the odds are about 1/22 at ilvl 50 and 1/23 at ilvl 85. That is rolls, not gems. So you are looking at high 60s in PGems for each one (on average of course). So WG's results are exactly on target (6 from 400 gems).

And yes, when you get a +Curses or +Def Auras skiller you are sad.

BTW it's not like skillers are the only good GCs either, I keep:
Sharps with a second mod or that are +9 max or better
Serpent's with a second mod or that are +55 mana or better
Shimmering with a second mod or that are 13% res all or better

and also consider
Stalwarts that are near perfect (close to +100 def)
Steels that are near perfect (close to +132 AR)

I may never use the latter two but good to have them if you ever come up with a build that needs them. They are the best possible def and AR per square respectively.

[edit] Is it interesting that all those mods start with S?
you're a little pickier than I am, but I noticed the 'S' thing too.

I have a list near me I can consult when cubing. for GCs it lists:
Serpents
Sharp
Steel (118+)
Stalwart (80+)
Shimmering (13+)
Skillers

makes looking at the cube result very quick though: "is there an 's'?" "no? reroll"
 
Top