Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skill Point Allocation For Dreamdin Damage Balance

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by gibsonSG, Sep 23, 2006.

1. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

Skill Point Allocation For Dreamdin Damage Balance

I've already maxed Conviction, Holy Shield, and Resist Lightning and am wondering what to do next. I'm following the zeal/smite hybrid build - according to the one I read I should max zeal and sacrifice. Now, I know that sacrifice gives more +% ED to zeal than points into zeal itself do and I was wondering if it would be worth leaving zeal at one point and maxing both sacrifice and salvation (for extra lightning damage). I'm already using high physical damage complimenting items so I'll be doing quiet a bit of damage either way. What it comes down to is this:

Max Zeal and Sacrifice for more physical damage

Max Sacrifice and Salvation for more lightning damage

...when I mean "what it comes down to" is: which one will get me more net damage? Both zeal and salvation add smaller %'s to their respective synergies, but which one will yield me more overall damage? I'm considering doubling this guy up as PvP, so I was thinking maybe zeal for the AR bonus (and ED that it offers). In the long run I think that might work out better, as I'll be doing a bit of lightning damage anyways...

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

zeal and sacrifice.

Remember that pure dreamers can have their damage sorbed by the enemy so maxing zeal and sacrifice can help you in this situation, although i don't really think you will want to do zeal for pub duels anyway....