Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skill mod from wands/heads

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by NecroBoB, Sep 4, 2006.

1. NecroBoB

NecroBoB IncGamers Member

skill mod from wands/heads

I'm trying to determine how the plus to spells work with the bonuses from other spells. Is the damage you see in your char. screen what you get or are the additions from the other spells there but do not show up if the bonus is from additional points on spells that only modify the other spell.

Here is my example:

I have a relatively young necro (level 36). I'm using bone spear/lower resist with bone armor.

First the bone armor: It's base level is 5 (plused it up before i really figured out the points would have been better spent on bone prison and bone wall) with my wand and head, i have bone armor at level 7, bone wall and bone prison at level 8. The spell shows the armor at 185. With plus 15 per level on the wall and the prison, and the 80 from the the armor level 7, it should be worth 320. So my question is, is it really absorbing 320 damage but only showing 185 or is it only absorbing 185 damage?

Is the bone spear the same way? Right now it's level 14 with 196-209 damage. With my bonuses, i have 2 in teeth, 8 in wall and 4 in prison. With the +7% damage from each it should be more than whats showing. The base should be 143-168. I dont want to do the math, but im thinking it should be more than it shows.

Anyone have a definite answer on this?

Thanks.

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Only hard points in skills give the senergie bonus so 185 looks like it is.

This is assumeing i read this correctly. I just got up lol

3. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I am quite sure lower resist does nothing for bone spear.

4. NecroBoB

NecroBoB IncGamers Member

Not positive, but i know it does Magical damage and it seems to kill quicker.

From the NecroGuide:
    "Lowers the afflicted resistance to magic". Cuts the target's resistance to elemental and magical damage substantially. A very useful skill in party play, this makes Sorceresses and Javazons cut through the monsters at an amazing rate, and boosts the damage monsters take from the Necromancer's Poison and Bone skills also, as well as his Skeleton Mages.

Anyone else have any input on this?

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

It doesn't lower Magic resist. It used to, and that is where that description came from, but since a few patches ago LR no longer lower enemy Magic resistance.