Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skill Choices for my Summoner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MrPipes, Mar 14, 2004.

1. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

Skill Choices for my Summoner

Hey!

Building my third necro...this time around, it's a summoner (i hope i'm using that term right, maybe a skelliemancer?). Looking for some guidance in the areas of gear, stats, and skills.

I know that getting a Might merc is the best option for the skellies. So far, here are my ideas for each of the following:

Skills:
    20 Raise Skellie
    20 Skellie Mastery
    1-5 Summon Resist
    1 Skellie Mage
    5-10 Revive
    1 in each of Amp Damage, Attract, Decripify, and their prerequisites

Should I bother putting the one point into Teeth and get Corpse Explosion? Will it help me kill well in hell? Wouldn't it use up my source of corpses for summoning?

Stats:
    Strength - enough for gear
    Dexterity - I'm thinking enough to generate me 60% and higher block
    Vit - the rest
    Energy - base

Any comments/alterations that there are to this setup?

Gear:
    Armor - Trang Oul's
    Boots - War Travs
    Shield - Homonculus
    Weapon - Arm Of King Leoric
    Helm, Gloves, Belt, Rings, Amulet - Help!

Need suggestions for Helm+Glove+Belt+Rings(both)+Amulet!

Thanks!

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

You have a few different options as a Summoner.

After Skeletons and Mastery are done...you can go with Mages..and then Revives to get alot of total summons out. Or, skip the Mages(or Revives) and go with max CE instead.

Also, don't forget your Gumby, Golem Mastery, and Summon Resists only needs 1 point to them.

Some people like max block...some don't...so that choice will be yours. You really don't need any points in Mana(use potions instead) and it will give you more life in the long run instead.

HoSv1

3. Koggit

Koggit IncGamers Member

What's Gumby?

I'm new, also just started a summoning Necro. So far I've only put points into Raise Skeleton and Skeletal Mastery.

I'm more curious about stat points. How should I distribute stats?

4. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

I hear Mages are quick problematic, and have no real use to them. Amplify Damage doesn't help their damage, and they can really become an obstacle in places like the Maggot Lair, and other cramped quarters. I think I'll just go with the Revives, and max Revive, RS, Skellie Mastery, and then after that I'll decide what deserves the rest of my points. :drool:

Max CE? Hmm. Never heard of that idea. Isn't 1 point sufficient?

Which curses are the best, in everyone's opinion? The only ones that I'm familiar with are Decripify, Amplify Damage, and Attract. Is there any other useful (in Hell) curse that I've overlooked?

Yeah...I'll get sufficient % block, it's for the ranged attackers from what I've noticed already by playing my 'mancer. What good strength should I shoot for? I'm guessing 100 or so, since with bonuses and what not, I'll be able to switch between skellie gear and MF gear, if I ever want to (i always leave that option open for any of my characters).

Anyone got some gear suggestions? (check my earlier post)

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

Gumby is your Clay Golem

HoSv1

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

Mage are not as problematic as trying to summon 20 Revives(and then maintaining them)...also Mages won't being getting killed as often when you have your Skeletons being your front line anyway. And basically serve their purpose well.

Granted, they do die quicker than Skeletons do...but still do the job well enough to be on my Summoner(and with some Revives)

By maxxing CE....you get a bigger radius(that ends up being the whole screen) when you use it.

HoSv1

7. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

Hmm. I understand what you're trying to say, I think. I always see Revives being stuck on corners of the terrain in Worldstone, etc. Seems like they don't teleport to you like Skellies do? And I'm assuming having that elemental damage is helpful as well. :scratch:

Anyone got gear suggestions?

8. Necro

Necro IncGamers Member

Mages are not a problem, I would max them (i did on my summoner and havent regreted it). Marrowwalks would be the best boots for a summoner, + to mastery plus it makes 1 point in bone armour usuable, you also get + str/dex stats and I think mana reg. 1 point in revive is all that I would ever place there. Most the time you dont even need them. With lots of + skill gear Ce is usuable with 1 point in it. Your skels and mages will live long so you will have plenty of corpses to blow up. Gumby is awsome in .10 with his slow ability and getting him to 10k + life is a snap. Here is my lvl 84 summoners skills.
    summoning
    20sm
    20rs
    20mage
    1 in everything except firegolem, currently maxing Golem mastery.

bone
    1 teeth,ce,bone armour

Curses
    1 all curses except left side curses.
    If i had it to do over again i would still get 1 in lifetap and dec and forget lower res. lifetap can save a mercs life, especialy when fighting lots of skeletons. Dec makes baal useless and your guys can hack him up and wont take much damage.

For your belt/glove suggestion I would get trangs. You get 18 to fireball + 15 mana reg,+2 to curses and cannot be frozen. 2 sojs obvoiusly and maras is a good amy, stats,skills, resistance. If you can get enigma that armour owns on a summoner. Try to get 5 summoning charms with +life, 4 x 20 life smalls and annihilus. That + tome of id and tp leave 4 rows of inventory to grab items.