Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skill charms

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Mar 30, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

skill charms

so, i was working on getting my new merc a few levels, and made a nm cow game. After melting away the cows with orb, sitting in the first clump of debris is a grand charm- +1 summoning skills, +28 lifer. Seems like a mighty fine charm with all those necros out there, but i really don't know as i don't do necros (and the life is just groovy).

so, is this one worth anything, and what other skill charms are keepers? Obviously all sorc skills, pali combat ones, probably sin trap charms. What others?

thanks all

2. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Barb warcries charms also seem to be popular. Other than that, and the ones you listed, I think it depends on individual needs and/or second mods.

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Don't turn this into a trade value thread or I'll be PK'ing it.

Summoning Necros were one of the big winners in the changes that were made with 1.10, so yes a summon skiller with life is definitely useable. You should post in the trade forum if you really want to get a handle on it's value.

4. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I keep every + skills charm i find or cube becasue you never know. Defensive pally gc .useless to your hammerdin but a cleric would love you , martial arts gc ..useless to your trapper but to that d talon sin you get the point :)

5. CoonerTheRed

oops, my fault ZF, i wasn't really clear here... I was more interested in what charms people hold onto for possible trade value, not what mine was worth. Maybe that belongs in the trade forum as well? Not really sure...

6. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i keep as skill charms, even the bad ones.

the best ones seem to be all the sorcs, jav, warcry, pnb/summon, pally combat, traps.

7. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Same here, I keep all of them. I'm sure someone I know can use it or maybe it will give me the motivation to make that kind of character :)

8. CoonerTheRed

i used to do that, but some just sat around. i mean, a barb getting a +1 mastery charm doesn't really help all that much, it just takes up inventory for +2 resist all, a bit more speed (and stamina... that one helps), a bit more def, and a bit more damage... just never seemed worth the inventory space (i like to keep an empty inventory to pick up lots of monster loot to sell for gamblin' :D )

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Conner.......those MA Sin ones you find are totally worhtless feel free to drop them in my mule game any day!

I keep them all actually. I have like 5 Defense ones, 6 MA 3 Boa. The MA are being used ATM on one of my deadly sins.

Who says Melee is dead.........no more fasters for me its all out melee or death!

Started a Frenzier last night, they have to be the funnest build there is.

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Pally Combat and Offensive are pretty high, along with Poison and Bone.
    Then come Sorceress Cold, Fire, and Lightning in that order.
    Spear/Jav, Druid Elemental, Necro Summoning, and Traps come in around here... maybe Warcry too.
    Then there's Shapeshifting for FireClaw duelers and Druid Summoning for lame bear campers.
    Getting into the harder to trade ones we have Bow/Xbow, Passives, and Martial Arts.
    Down at the bottom we have Curses, Shadow Masteries, Defensive Auras, and Barb Masteries and Combat Skills.

At least that's how I see it.