Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skill Calculator and Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Skill Calculator and Questions

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a good skill calculator and damage calculators?

Oh can a level 20 lower resist break the poison resists of monsters immune to poison? Or would I have to have some kind of crazy high level lower resist to do that?

What golem do you think is the hands down best for support and stays alive the most?

Can you get valkyrie charges on an item?

What are the maximum number of mods you can get on a blue item, and how many sockets can you get placed into a magic mage plate?

Can anyone explain exactly how poison damage on weapons, from a skill, and from charms all relate to each other? Ex. I'm using a level 2 poison dagger that does 10-19 poison damage over two seconds, a foul dagger with 15 poison damage over 2 seconds, a septic circlet with 8 poison damage over 2 seconds, and a large charm with 8 poison damage over 4 seconds, how much damage would I be doing per second, and how long would that damage last?

Also can the mod "prevents healing" spawn on a blue item?

If so would that mod be useful to use if my main damage is with poison?

Was there a bug or something with attract that let you cast it with any other curse and the second curse would not override attract, is this still true? And if so what monsters are not affected by attract?

Thank you everyone who spends their time reading and answering my questions. =D

-Kool69

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Must have missed this thread, i'll give it a go.

• the best skill calc IMO unfortuneatly is on a rival bnet trading site. i recommend searching 'chippydip' on google.
    • It, and other immune breaking things, only work at 1/5th capacity when the enemy res is in the 100's, so it will break immunities up to 112.4 res at lvl 20, although that is a waste of points IMO.
    • Iron golem (check out NF's golemancer) if tyou have the good items, if your just using him with skeles, clay is probably better for the very high life and slow.
    • IIRC, no valk charges arent available on any items.
    • you can only have 2 mods on a magic item (prefix and suffix) except for staffmods, which dont count. Can have 3 of them IIRC. the 50%ED to undead on blunt weapons doesnt count as a mod or staffmod btw. asnd i think 2 sockets is the highest on a blue (jewelers prefix)
    • dunno about the prevent monster healing mod, at a guess id say no, or its very rare.
    • posion prevents monster healing, so it would be pointless.
    • Its not a bug, its meant to be that way. only with attract, if you cast it on 1 monster first, you can then cast another curse over it, and both will be acive (so you can do attract, amp, and watch the other monsters do double damage to him.)

3. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

=D that *is* a very good skill calculator, its going on my favorites list thanks

Okay so lower resist is basically going to be a waste of points... I'm thinking of pulling away from the poison and just use curses, golem, and a merc to boost the effieciency of meleeing

No skellies so an Iron Golem is going to be the best way to go? Hmm should he be like 10 Iron and 10 blood with some points in mastery to give him a pretty good thorns aura with a +50% life boost from the bloody, or do you suggest a different method of skill placement. Oh and would a gumby with 20 points and 20 points in mastery that has 10,518 life and -72% resist be able to survive in hell? Or am I better sticking with a metal head to actually dish some damage out when monsters hit him?

Okay I didn't think so but was just making sure.

Hmmm okay sounds good.

okay and okay hmmmmm

Ah okay so thats how it works... It works with confuse too right? So then you have several good cominations to work with, confuse and iron maiden, confuse and amp, confuse and dim, attract and iron maiden, attract and amp, and im sure theirs others im not thinking of.

This is going to be an interesting build...

Thanks for answering my questions fb!

-Kool69

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

1 chippy nacho dips are the best out there must do a google for them though.

2 as FB said when the resistance is above 100 its 1/5 effective after that as normal so if you have -100 resistance with lower resist an immune with 119 resistance will become non immune however, they will still have 99% resistance to that element.

3 Clay golems are great boss killers their slow is great for keeping the boss pinned down for your attack, they also have huge life if played right you can get them into the 30k life range. fire golems are strong and can deal with alot of enemies. iron golems are ok but they waste good items add them with a skeleton army and they work really well. blood golems share your life the last thing you want is your golem going head to head with an FE and you have no way of stopping him. thats my order of golems from best to worse.

4 for affixes go here its d2data and has all the affix info and what can drop on what item classes.

5 part a 4 on a blue item including a prefix and suffix with 2 mods (for example fools item of the sun, where fools is AR and +max and sun is %AR and +light radius), on a blue item that is rerolled with the chippy recipe I could get humph 12 mods total, though they would be very specific and would require unique jewels to get that many with a 2 socket reroll.

5 part b with the quest socketing you get 1 or 2 with a 50/50 chance of 1 or 2 sockets on a magical (read blue) item. Any item with jewelers can have up to 4 sockets but you lose the prefix. jewelers of the whale is quite popular.

6 read the "tao of poison" in the comprehendium to get the info for this as it is quite long.
    the short form excluding poison dagger: add rates average durations.​
    IE 6 poison over 2 seconds and 50 poison over 5 seconds equals:​
    3 poison per seconds (6/2) + 10 poison per second (50/5) = 13 poison per second ​
    and​
    2 + 5 / 2 = 3.5 ​
    13 * 3.5 = 45.5~46 damage over 3.5 seconds ​

poison dagger does that calculation for rates but then adds its duration to your total other duration, it gets really big really quickly by the way ​

7 refer to answer 4 and its no IIRC

8 poison prevents monster heal as well, actually it drops monster regen to a negative the same as open wounds.

9 attract is written so that other curses will NOT get rid of it, how it is used is you attact one monster then apply curses to the other monsters around it. quite effective as a mojomancer.

10 your welcome.

5. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Hmmm interesting, I thought there was some glitch where you cannot have enough gold in your stash and on your character to even buy a jeweler's plate of the whale in act 5. Hmmm so do you think that attract or confuse is better? And what is better to kill off monsters iron maiden or amp damage? Thanks again for answering my questions and I'll check out the Tao =D

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I think thats godly armour of he whale, it costs about 9million gold, and is impossible to buy.

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Godly Sacred Armor of the Whale is the really expensive one.

jewelers normal non high end armor of the whale is less expensive and can be purchased, infact some people shop for them.

iron maiden those that are attacted to the one monster and amp the attacted monster. Iron maiden works well on melee enemies attact amp works well with ranged and magic enemies.

I never got the hang of confuse seems they still attack me? might just be me.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It makes them attack the closest thing to them, or if they were attacking you when they cast it, thy'll cary on atacking you until something closer comes into play. kind of pointless once you get attract IMO.

9. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Would a Archon Plate be included in the high end armor?

Hmm so cast iron maiden on all of the monsters who are attacking and amp damage on the monster that you cast attract on. Hmmmmmm would that be better than dim vision and confuse coupled with taking out monsters one by one. Or would it just be better to do the first option and sit back and let them kill themselves? Also do confuse and attract affect minions? Because I know they don't affect bosses... however i could use iron maiden with gumby on those tough bosses............... hmmmmm.................... man this is going to be really interesting....

Oh and how many hits do you think a a gumby with 10k life could take in Hell? Don't bosses do extra damage to them? Or do they do less damage to bosses? If it is the latter would that effect iron maiden damage?

Oh and at what level do Amp and Iron Maiden start loosing return values?

Thank you fb and uzziah again, you guys are awesome =D

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

my 3005 life gumby lasted through most normal fights, boss fights usually kill him in about 5-7 hits by an extra fast extra strong, or FE bug which is pretty much instant death anyways.

With hell Baal my 3005 life gumby doesn't die (well maybe once every 10 goes at him) but lister will kill the 3005 gumby off in 2-4 hits.

Really depends on the boss.

Archon plate will be pricy but able to be bought, probably 1 million gold at the very most.

Curses have the nice radius increase that is constant, amp is 100% more physical from the get go, iron maidens increase is fairly linear so its really a matter of the radius you want to have. dim vision is te tricky one as the length of time is decreased in Hell significantly. I have been told 16 is the lowest worthwhile dimvision in hell as a main skill. you will most likely find similar amounts for amp and iron maiden durations.

Your play style is up to you and you will have to develop it for yourself I will not help you with that, :) sorry but your good enough to figure that out on your own.

11. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Hmmmm okay well then that gives me a good idea how long gumby will last in hell, plus some iron maiden..... something with a decrep charge for escapes...... hmmm hmmm.... this should work fine then...

Okay hmmm 1 million gold and a good amount of time for a good armor plus some jewels should do the trick....

Okay good then, I'll study some more about the curses and then work on planning from there....

Ha okay then thanks =D I have basically the idea of what I am going to do and what skills I am going to need to be versitile (sp?) in hell thanks to you and fb. Thanks again, and one more question ha, is a FE ancient the *only* boss that can hurt you with FE when they move/do an attack? Or can every FE boss do that?

12. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

In Hell, the death explosion of any FE boss can kill you very quickly. The Ancients are the only ones who can kill you just by attacking, as far as I know.

Watch out though as Gloams are buggy as are the Pit Vipers in Nihlathak's Temple. They are quite teh hurty as well!

13. San

San IncGamers Member

There's the suffix "of Vileness" for prevent monster heal. I don't think it's that rare..

14. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

The pit vipers?.... I've heard of the gloams and their insane lighting damage but not pit vipers.

15. San

San IncGamers Member

Those guys from act 2, claw viper temple, make an appearance in act 5, Nihlataks temple. The bonespear they usually use in act 5 is replaced with something that looks like the amazons poison javelin.

If you can help it, DO NOT get hit with them.. with 75 poisos res, they reduced my hammerdins 1,5k healths to 1 in a few seconds..

16. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yep, in fact you can find it on a lot of throwing items, great for non-melee characters since they can stand back and throw a couple at tough monsters and then go up and hit them with their normal skills.

17. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

o_0.... *gulp*

18. San

San IncGamers Member

Oh, right and then they can still charge you, after your health is at 1. :D

Nah, they're not much of a problem.. the Halls of Vaught is a good place for monsters like them, nice corners to get them close, and if you're playing a summoner, the skellys might run next to them, before they have time to start shooting..

19. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Are they immune to poison? If not then an attract could make then seriously mess up each other =D

20. San

San IncGamers Member

Hey, I never thought about that :) never put any points in other curses then amp.. They're probably immune to poison though.. don't remember.

Checked from Arreat Summit. Yep, if they were tomb vipers, then they are immune to poison.