Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skill advice on 49 Concer remake

Discussion in 'PvP' started by SmittySixTen, May 31, 2008.

1. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

Skill advice on 49 Concer remake

I currently have a pure concer and plan on remaking him so that I can use WW as well.

Current skill placement is:
    20 Conc
    20 BO
    1 Iron Skin
    1 Nat Res
    1 Increased Stamina
    1 Increased Speed
    Rest into Axe Mastery (using an Oath SC)

The gear I end up using most often in public duel games is:

Wep: Oath SC
    Helm: Arreat's /w IAS jewel
    Ammy: Angelic
    Ring 1: Raven
    Ring 2: Angelic
    Armor: Guardian Angel /w IAS jewel
    Shield: Hyperion Sanc
    Gloves/Belt/Boots: IK

When I don't need to use the extra Res for high levels, I tend to use a Peace with a Deflecting Grim socketed with 1x IAS jewel and 1x Shael.

For the remake I'm going to be switching to a Highland Blade. I'm also debating swapping out the peace for either a Duress or Treachery. I also may keep a Blackhorn's in stash for FC zons when they crop up, but I'm unsure.

Anyway, here's my current thinking for the remake as far as skills go:
    Sword Mastery: 20
    BO: 20
    Iron Skin: 1
    Nat Res: 1
    Increased Speed: 1
    Increased Stamina: 1

Now, for all the questions. First, am I right to put 20 into Sword Mastery? My obvious thinking is that it will increase my damage and AR for both WW and Conc, plus give me a good Critical Hit %. It seems like the smart thing to do, but it also decreases my overall Conc damage by a lot because I'm pretty sure I cannot max it.

That brings me to my next question. Due to the fact that my overall damage and AR are going to drop, should I invest a point into Battle Cry? If I'm able to pull it off, it should more than compensate for any damage or AR loss, but if it's not easy enough to utilize it then I waste two skill points getting it.

Finally, what should I do with the leftovers? Should I boost WW, which is starting at a -2% damage handicap along with a measly 30% AR boost, or should I pour the rest into Conc to boost it up as much as possible? My main attack is going to be Conc. However, if WW ends up being useless then it means that I've basically weakened my damage, lowered my ar, and invested in a giant mana eating skill for no reason at all.

I have very little experience when it comes to trying to balance two skills on a level 49, so I'm really unsure what route I should go. Currently I have almost 13k AR and do over 3k display damage. I just can't kill smiters or casters 90% of the time.

So, what do you all think I should do?

2. rballfreek

rballfreek IncGamers Member

Re: Skill advice on 49 Concer remake

I maxed BO and mastery, 1 pt in all pre-reqs/WW, and dumped the rest into conc. Currently i have:
    3.4k conc damage/12.5k Conc AR (eth oath SC)
    2k WW damage/8.5kWW AR
    12k defense, 20k conc defense

Works pretty well, my gear is for the most part similar to yours except i switch out between eth bugged prudence dusk shroud, shaftstop, and an eth GA. Still need to find something to socket the saft/GA with though.

IMO, WW damage shouldn't be a huge concern, +skills from arreats, IK set bonus, and other sources pushes it high enough, and since conc is your main skill, (and benefits far more IMO, from additional skill points) I'd put them into conc.

Hope this helps.

P.S. What realm are you on? If its west Ladder i'd love to duel you when you're done with him, *Rballfreek3 is my account.