Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skelly questions, help me out

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by greenfire10, Feb 25, 2004.

1. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

skelly questions, help me out

hi all.. i am quite a noob with skellys, but they have caught my attention, and now i am planning on building a skellymancer.

with my planned setup i will have

raise skeleton:

Current Skill Level: 43
    Damage: 703-706
    2: Damage: +280 percent
    5: Attack: 1295
    5: Defense: 1295
    13: Life: 785
    Life: 974 (N)
    Life: 1226 (H)
    36: 16 skeletons total
    1: Mana Cost: 48

this is included a lvl 43 skelly mastery.
    i will have the usual other skills (golem, summon resist (lvl 24), curses etc.)
    also a might merc will be employed

i plan on relying almoost only on my skellys to kill/survive supporting them with curses. the revives/mages i will only use if things get desperate.

so here are the questions
    1 do skellys (of this lvl) actually survive in hell? i mean... more then 2 secconds against say diablo
    2 will they hit things ? since i feel their ar is a little low.. any problems there?
    3 will they kill at least a bit decently? including might ofcource

thanks for the answers... any help is apreciated

2. Unlimited Skill

Unlimited Skill IncGamers Member

As is always the case with skellies, you won't kill anything really, really fast like normal characters, but I'm running lv 28 skellies with lv 28 mastery in hell right now. It takes a couple of minutes, but in a skirmish with Act 4 swarms with Super Uniques, and a prayer merc (i cant find a might... :rant: ) maybe one or two skellies die. The skells will hit, the skells will hurt (tho i don't know if its THAT much damage, cuz its 700...) and they will live. And just use life tap or iron maiden if theyre getting creamed. Use lower resist in parties, and use things like decrepify on annoying things that wont die, or boss creatures.

Skellies are pretty reliable, its just that their AI is a bit simple. They can let a creature get within range of you, and they will continue to attack their current target leaving you screwed. Bring a full TP Tome so you can instantly hop back in with all your minions in one place. :lol:

Hope this helps and hope to see you around. *runs off to consider his char build...*

3. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

thanks

i guess if your lvl 28 skellys live, hit, etc. mine will do that to. so no probs there.

i assume that the killing can be pretty nice as well, since 7xx dmg with might gets to over 2k dmg per hit (not included any nice curse). and if i really am in a hurry corpse explosion will make things really messy.

might merc is pretty easy... go to NIGHTMARE, and hire an offensive merc in act 2. they are always might. you probably tryed to hire in hell or normal

the problem with their AI is solved already, since i will be using enigma anyways, and telepoort is the best way to gather minions.

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

You will find a might merc makes a difference as your minions will be doing more melee damage. However it really a matter of preference. If you want your minions to last longer but to kill slower then go with a defiance or if u dun mind going other way round (way i chose) For skeletons to kill faster but be not as resilient then might is the choice for you.

Unlimited skill - You can't find a might merc??? Ie does that mean u can't use it or u dun know where to buy them from?
    You can get the might merc by going to act2 in a nightmare game and hire from NPC and pick an offensive merc.

Word of advise is that you should really hire him instantly as soon as he available as he would have been around the same level as you and level up as your clvl went up. Hiring one now if your in hell (i presume) high 60-70+s with a act 2 merc from nightmare might be a bit difficult but not impossible as he will have to gain a good number of levels to catch up!.

5. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

Skells own hell.. °-°!

My 12 Skells plus a Might Merc.. could kill Meph in 15-20 seconds

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

7. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

again.. i HAVE been reading that guide..

and it does NOT say anything on how viable skellys are, so that is why i ask.

it is really simple...
    i only have experiance with skellys back in 1.09, and then they sucked after normal.
    i heard that they are a lot better now, and after looking at their stats, i indeed see that they have inproved.

HOWEVER: their stats don't seem THAT good to me.... quite low def/ar/dmg etc. as far as i know now NO life leach/replenish or dmg reduction. and they can only get so much resists from summon resists. i know that if I went walking in hell act 5 with such stats i would get owned quite easilly.

so that is why i am asking.

8. Zazu

Zazu IncGamers Member

@greenfire

I assure you, that skeletons live and last VERY long in Hell mode. Belive me, I play lvl 34 raise skel/SM now, 13 skellies, 6 mages and 12 revives if I want to. They DO kill. A little slow when more than 3-4 person in game, anyway with might+amped monster they just rock. Dont even compare skellies 1.09 to nowadays' skellies. They seem just like 1000 more stronger now. In 1.09 I was laughing at summoners, now its one of my fav builds. Mind you one thing - skellies are so powerful , combined with some curses, golems (esp. clay) you can go MF, almost naked or with full MF gear.

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

OH Pleeeeeeease! We are talking about genuine guides/builds not plagiarise material. you can probably find all the proper guides in the single player forums. Maybe you may find what your looking for there

10. Unlimited Skill

...Thank you very much. I mean it. No, really I do... I am just amazed at my ignorance. But don't mercs hire at the level your current one is?

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

kyo: dude seriously, how many times must you be told to calm down? Try maybe a :drink: before you start up with your :rant:. Can't we all just get a long? :buddies: Take care and peace :howdy:

greenfire: skelly's own hell, that is why you see so many in games, and so many posts regarding them. seriously a good merc, a clay golem, and skel's and your good to go.

unlimited skill: I do not know exact numbers on mercs, but I do know they usually are at your level, unless you go back difficulties to get one. Their levels dont have anything to do with the level of your existing merc.

ex.: when my lvl 89 sorc bought her merc, he was lvl 45. good luck.

g

12. Unlimited Skill

Damn... I'm going to have to do Merc Level Runs... and those SUCK &#%$!!!!!!!!

13. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Dun loose heart m8.

The tips of the week - in front page of dbii.net give a tips saying that if a merc kills by itself it gets 3 times as much XP as you would normally so it going to be boring but it might not take as long as you think. Pretend your taking your dog out for a walk :lol:.

Remember as he levels up if your going for a act2 merc (i am not 100% sure about this but i think i am right...hopefully :)) his aura too gets more powerful too as he levels.