Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skelly/Bone Mancer Question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Skelly/Bone Mancer Question

I think i'm gonna make a skelly/bone hybrid necro, but i'm unsure if it's worth trying without nice items (cant be done without marrows). Let me know if i have the skills right: maxed skellies, maxed skelly masteries, maxed bonespear, marrow bug, maxed bone wall (or spirit), and rest in CE ?

P.S. I wish i saved me hoto/shako :p

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You can get away with less in the summon tree since for the most part they're just meant to be tanks.

My friend made a pretty successful poison/skelly hybrid and I think he aimed for a 10/10 split between skelly and mastery (before +skills).

I dunno, ask xey.

3. Still-Xey-Lover

Hmm..depending on the gear i can get i will see. For now i will do the 10/10 split, 1 in amp, 1 in bone armor, 1 in teeth, and 1 in CE. Rest will be saved.

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

If you can somehow get a hold of Cougar, ask him. His hybrid was pretty sweet.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Not sure if this was assumed or not, but don't forget Decrep, Clay Golem, and Summon Resist... Bone Wall's not a bad idea either.

And whatever you do, do not put any points in mages or revives.

6. Still-Xey-Lover

K, thanks. Do you suggest going psn or bone hybrid?

7. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

In my experience, it's better to invest more heavily in raise skeleton than skeleton mastery. Something like 15 RS / 5 SM, or even better 20/1. Especially if you have some skill adders to get SM up into the 5+ range.

8. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

psn >>>>> bone, in terms of killing power, especially if you happen to own dweb + to combo. After that you'll see the potential this build is cabable of.

10/10 split sounds kinda stupid IMO. Max skellies, maybe ~5 base into mastery, depending on how much +skills you have, max out psn damage, then the rest into mastery.

My build would have 1 pts revive. A few pre-reqs, yes, but some revives are actually very useful, and they're synergized already. 1 pts into revive means over 10 revives available with very standard gear.

9. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

my pnb/summon hybrid is layed out like this:

20 rs
    20 sm
    20 bonespirit (my main bone skill besides ce, i use this for getting first couple bodys on the ground, with marrows it does 3k damage)
    20 bone wall (synergie for bs and bone armor)
    20 bone spear (synergy, i suppose this could be used too, but i dont like it)
    1 in: skeleton mage, bone armor, revive, clay golem, summon resist....as stated by an intelligent poster above.

done around lvl 90. my nec has 13 skellies, 7 mages, 15 revives with + skills.
    my build was focused around the beast weapon, so thats why i went with bone instead of poison (no death web when ur sporting beast). plus your bone armor will absorb insane damage with the bone synergies....that coupled with around 40 minions and max block....ya, you get the point.....

CampKillYourself

10. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

psn if u can get a hold of deaths web, bone if not. psn is only really good with a web, but bone does good even only with marrows (around 1.8k spear on my not so perfect one last season?)

anyway, here's how i would build them:

bone:
    1 summon res, decrep
    20 rs, sm, bwall, spear
    rest in spirit

psn:
    1 lr
    1 summon res
    20 rs, all psn skills
    rest in sm

i wouldnt post any gear layout because it varies a lot depending on merc setup/where you plan on taking the nec.

11. Still-Xey-Lover

Hmm ok thanks. If someone will trade me fer teh ice bow, and i get my items. I'm worried about res + FCR. From what i remember, with ideal items, i will only be getting fcr from the trang gloves unless i use arach. Unless trang shield has fcr? I'm still level 14 so i have time to plan. When using a psn nec, is psn explosion or CE used at all?

12. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

of course it depends on your play style regarding fcr. psn necs dont really need that much, because you cant spam pnova.

ce i use because i dont own a deaths web. i dont think you need if you have a web.

13. Still-Xey-Lover

Ok, thanks. I don't see me getting one any time soon. Although my orber is perfectly leveled and statted except shes missing her wep, helm, belt, boots, gloves, and a ring :(