Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skellimancer help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Siegfried, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Siegfried

Siegfried IncGamers Member

Skellimancer help

My skellimancer is now level 79 with the following skills:

20 RS
    20 SM
    20 CE
    2 Summon Resist
    4 amp
    6 Revive
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Dim Vision
    1 Attract
    1 Decreptify
    1 Iron Maiden
    1 Life Tap
    1 Lower Resists
    1 Bone Armour

Total skill points used:83

I'm wondering what to do with the rest of my points I'm either
    1 Going to get Poison Nova as high damage as I can with remaining points
    2 Going to max Golem Mastery
    or
    3 Going to max mages
    in preferred order

My questions are:
    1. What way can I get the maximum damage out of Poison Nova
    2. What would you do

Thank you in advance

Ps I've used search

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

What has your search revealed?

Let us see 83 skill points. That means another 27 points assuming you will make it to level 99. If you dump all the points in poison skills the Nova damage will be around 600 points. Not effective. I would max Mages or protect myself some more by putting points in BA and my curses.

3. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

ROTFLMAO ... in some of the other threads we were talking about how people keep asking the same questions over and over again. Here we go again. But it also seems we always seem to answer these questions as they come up ... again and again. I guess it's a good thing we do. I know I've asked questions that have been answered many times before.

In the Necro Bible I think they suggest maxing Corpse Explosion. I had thought about Poison Nova, but I realized I could never get it anywhere near as high as a pure Poison Necro, so I scratched that idea. You, however can still dramatically increase the area of effect of the Corpse Explosion ... and I think this is very helpful.

Others may say to invest in bone skills, but I can't comment on that. Haven't been there, haven't done that.

Good luck

Masa

4. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Yes this has been kicked around many times but the search function just does not do the job most times :( Mantis has a good suggestion and I would go with mages as well. After that maybe you can supersize your Clay Golem or add to amp or whatever turns your crank :)

5. Siegfried

Siegfried IncGamers Member

Thank you Mad Mantis and masa for answering my question even though as masa stated has been answered "again and again"
    My search revealed nothing useful otherwise I would not have posted the question.

Yes, masa I do look at the threads so have seen you "talk about how people keep asking the same questions again and again" which is why I said I had searched. If you looked close enough this has followed the Skellimancer/MF guide on the sticky.
    I've maxed Corpse Explosion (CE) so cannot further increase its area of effect that I know of.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Next time would you be so kind as to post a question regarding the Skellimancer in a thread already discussing the build? It helps to keep the forum nice and clean.

7. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

you know what? My bad. You know how you read, but then kind of skip stuff. Usually when you skip stuff you end up with egg on your face. I think I'll make an egg sandwich now. Just for curiosity sake you said you dumped 20 into these skills, but what do you have them up to with +skills. I think my CE is at something like 9.3 yards.

Masa