Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skellies

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by CoconutReggae, Sep 19, 2006.

1. CoconutReggae

CoconutReggae IncGamers Member

Skellies

Are they actually useful past norm? I've read guides that say they will be good even far into hell and then I've read guides that explain how they are a waste of points.

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

1.09 skellies = cant last past Norm

1.11 skellies = when maxed (20 RS) + 20 SM, they can take the necromancer all the way through hell.

Necros gain a massive boost in power thanks to synergies and are all strong.

3. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

yea my summor walks through hell just as easy as he does norm... i have lvl 49 skelly and lvl 51 skelly mastery...and its sick how much trouble they DONT have

4. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

omg :O then u have a lot lot of skillers :)

5. garion

garion IncGamers Member

maxed 20/20 (skeles/skele mastery) is more then fine for hell...augment them with amp dmg and a host of revives (1pt) a line of mages (1pt) a golem (clay 1 pt) and a few more pts (1 pt summon res + 1 pt golem mastery)...and you have summoner ready to rock and roll in hell...just keep your eyes out for elemental dmg etc...stay behind your army and you'll have an easy enough time...(cept in tight spaces if you don't have teleport - nigma/naj puzzler/tele ammy..etc)

6. Astilin

Astilin IncGamers Member

My skellimancer has no problems in the first half of hell. With a might merc and amp damage he kicks butt! However, I did my first diablo run and it took forever. My skellies (lvl 31) just did not do enough damage. I had 11 skellies and 11 revives and they just sat there pounding a away and dying. I couldn't use corpse expslosion because I had to keep summoning. I finally got pissed and used my hammerdin to clear everything and then brought on my mancer to finish Diablo because he has way more mf. Any thoughts? Do I just need more skill stuff? I'm trying to get ahold of King's arm and homonculs thingy. Let me know your thoughts.

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

you had 11 revives at lvl 31?...wow...and more mf then your hammerdin?

8. harpoeth

harpoeth IncGamers Member

I am no way overpowered but managed to get a shako, arm of king leoric and homunculus. That helped a lot. I have skeleton mastery and raise skeleton at lvl 30-31 and they dont have any problems clearing arcane sanctuary.

Only when Iron Maiden is cast i lose maybe 4-5 skeletons (in worst case) out of 12.

Use attract on the monsters farthest away from you it will make the nearest monster turn to the attracted monsters. This way your skeletons get less attention and can hit them in their backs.

9. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Necros fare pretty badly against bosses but you should have decrip and clay golem ! Now watch how hell big D tries to "run"

10. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

naaah. Fire golem ftw. Especially against big D.

11. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Level 49 RS and 51 SM...how?

12. garion

garion IncGamers Member

thats not true..its takes under 30 secs to dispatch andy/meph/diablo in hell for a summoner...

amp dmg + thorns aura + army....and its over

baal requires CB from a merc to do in under a min....

but melee act bosses are rather easy....

13. garion

garion IncGamers Member

20/20

1 anni
    3 torch
    2 nigma
    2 shako
    3 summoning ammy
    5 aokl
    2 homunc
    *2 mastery marrows
    2 soj/bk
    1 arachnids
    9 summonig gcs

so you could get 50/52, 49/51 (if using maras instead of a +3 summoning ammy)...although i think it might be overkill lol...but what the heck :grin: :laugh: :thumbsup:

14. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

yea....pretty much hit the nail on the head on that one...with the 49/51 skills...yea i got maras instead of summon ammy...need the +to attis and the res..right now im 75/75/75/75...in hell...o and 4 bosses i got a merc with guill helm on ... hes might i got pride on him so my minions do like 2k damage and amp....but with bosses ..like states b4 decep+clay = really really really slow baal...then merc cb's them out of the game : /

o also if u want to get those skills up....if u can find one...a head with +3rs and +3 sm ...with 2 sockets so u can put splender in it...but i hear its next to impossible to find one...but i found a post that one guy found one... dont think hes trading it

geez i contradicted<--spelling...myself in that one...i think...meh

15. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Okay, I needed to clean myself up after that post. I have my Christmas list now, thanks!

for SP it would be -4 to skills as anni and torch not available...

16. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

true story. this what i use for diablo

17. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Necros far badly at bosses..... wahahahahahahahahahahahaaa.
    Anyway, thats blantantly not true. My necro fares perfectly fine against bosses = 10 seconds against Dclone (timed it). His +skills arent uber either (lvl 43 skeles and mages), the only bosses i ever had troublwe with were norm duriel (didnt get decriptify early enough) and norm diablo (not too hard, just used clay golem +im to kill). After norm, bosses become a joke.

18. pliu

pliu Banned

I can solo hell baal very easy.

35/35/37 RS/RSM/SM ( 13 Skeles/mages)
    36 CE

Rise skeles/mages somewhere at act 1 or Nihlathak's Temple .Tele to Throne of Destruction. Amp and kill one or two Minions of Destruction. case 1 or 2 CE and revive the Minions of Destruction. And the merc and skeles/mages/revives can kill baal in about 1 minuets.

For other areas, just amp the groups and tele on one of the monster and kill that monster and begin chain CEs. The only thing that must have for the summoner necro is the tele.

19. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Baal only clears the corpses directly in front of him, past the two torches on the floor the corpses stay. So it's even easier if you pull the venom lords away from baal a bit. Amp the minions and start CE'ing the venom lord corpses. I'm wondering though, I thought the Minions of Destruction couldn't be revived?

20. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Fishys do just fine in hell baal. Sure it can get slow if your merc or revives don't have lots of crushing blow, but even without a merc your Necro should be doing just fine. Between gumby and decrepify, the big B does the clay animation thing. It's really, really funny. Add something like a kelpie snare or a riphook bow and it gets even funnier as Baal stands there frozen and gets pounded by the skellies. I do like having skellie mages so that I get a little elemental + poison damage in though.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah