Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skellies question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zooply, Sep 1, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

skellies question

quick question. i see ppl say to max skeleton mastery for tougher skellies, yet d2items or w/e shows that raise skeleton gives me better skellies. which is right? I mean if i had to max one and only put like 1 point in the other:starry:

2. garion

garion IncGamers Member

20/20
    max skeles/masteries will give you some pretty amazing skeles...

throw another pt into summon res and you are ready for hell =)...granted in the start your skeles are very fragile...but end game..they rarely die....

edit:i usually max skeles first..and pump a few pts into mastery....so its like 20/10....when they are maxed and then i pump masteries.....so its 20 20

sorry i forgot to mention that

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Well the reason i was asking is i have rs maxed on my poison/summon hybrid, yet i've seen ppl say 'max mastery for tougher skellies' alot. so i wanted to be sure i did the right thing by going with what d2items said lol.

4. garion

garion IncGamers Member

oh ic...yeah i have the same char...get your hard pts to 10 on masteries and see how they hold up in hell..if you don't like it...boost it up to 15...at 20 they are studly...but you don't have to have them at 20...im sure they are still awesome at 19, 18 maybe 17..etc...=)...play arounnd a bit :grin:

5. PuppMaster

PuppMaster IncGamers Member

i usually do the opposite of garion. i max out mastery first, then i max raise skelly. i hold mastery over raise, just because id rather have strong skells early on

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

hehe...yeah i guess both works...i just like having lots of meat shields around...and at 15-19 masteries..the skeles are still plenty decent its not like they are just crumbling or anything

7. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

mines a bit different. 1 point mastery(for now), maxed raise, and then 1 point in all the other summon skills.

8. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

I do the quality over quanity spending

3 points into raise skeleton early game
    5 points into mastery to balance it
    7 more points into raise
    10 more points into mastery

and after that you can pretty much just split the skill points between them.

9. Mildayvin

Mildayvin IncGamers Member

I usually put one into both, then max RS. after that i max SM. Putting 1 point into most skills im going to use as i can get them. My skellies are usually maxed around level 48. After that i max mages/CE and then the rest go into golem mastery.

And there ya go. i have had an army of 34 skellies and then a pile of revives. Total army size around 55... lets see anything survive THAT teleporting onto them when decrepified/amped :)

Hell Baal? pffft.

10. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I tend to like the quantity of quality approach (still have a necro on diff comp with patch 1.03 for the massed skeles). I put 1-3 points into mastery to ensure the skeles have some base dmg to work upon, then proceed to max out skeles first. This gives you 8-11 skeles in your 20s. YES.