Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skelliemancer Help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Gerrod99, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Gerrod99

Gerrod99 IncGamers Member

Skelliemancer Help

OK, need some help here - sorry if this has been covered in a previous thread, but I didn't see one...

I am working on a skelliemancer with a poison nova support skill. I have 20 in RS, SM and a point in the usual curses (Amp, Dim, and Decrep) and CG/GM/SR. I about 15 points in Poison Nova and 1 in each of the prerequisites. I have a total of +4 to all skills from equipment.

I just got to the Nightmare Ancients, and the physical immune one of the 3 would not die. The skellies wouldn't hurt him, my Act 2 merc did nothing, and Poison Nova took a millimeter of life off after about about 50 casts. At that point I ran out of mana potions so had to split. The only positive is that none of my guys died the whole time....

What am I doing wrong? Am I going to have this problem with every PI in Hell, 'cuz I know there is a ton!

Thanks for any help or links you can offer!

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Hello. :wave:
    I won't be a jerk since this is your first post. Let's start with the basics...

Skellimancer 'Bible'

Poison / Summon Hybrid

Those two should answer all of your questions...

Also, there is a really sexxy thread titled NECROMANCER GUIDES, TIPS AND INFO that is permanently at one of the top 3 positions on the first page.

So after all that, let me help you.

Your points look perfect, your problem should lie in your use of curses. I have never ran across the ancients where a phys immune couldn't be knocked off with liberal uses of amp damage. Since you went the 'affordable' route on the hybrid, focus on your skell's with your curses. Amp being used 99.9% of the time, with decrep as the follow up. Sprinkle in a little dv and lr where applicable and your good to go.

I'll say it again, I've never met a physical immunity I couldn't break with amp damage!

call me with any questions.

g hates b.net

3. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well if your going p/s you should first max all posion skills then work on your army because if your not going to max all the posion skills your not going to get what your looking for (fast killing poison).

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcmer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

As G said, you really should use Amp on that one PI. The only ones that can't be broken are PI's with Stone Skin.

Later on, when you have pumped your Poison skills more you will be dealing enough damage to deal with PI's that can't be broken.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

sgtpps: he said he already maxed warrior / mastery, which is the best solution for one who can't afford higher end items. emphasis on poison requires high end items to be truely effective, while using a semi-synergized poison nova with your skellies turns into a great support skill.

g

6. Gerrod99

Gerrod99 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback guys - now that I think about it more, the Ancient may have had stone skin on top of PI as Mad Mantis pointed out. I guess it's just a bad luck-of-the-draw, since I couldn't just skip the guy and move on like most random encounters. I tried both Amp-ing and Decrep-ing for a while before even trying the PN, and he didn't lose any life at all up until that point.

I'll try again and maybe I'll get better luck - thanks again for your help and for making these forums great! :worship:

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Next time you get a mod like that, or another set you don't like, just open a TP.