Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skeleton problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dr.G, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Skeleton problem

Well I am new to this character and I have him at 3 with summoning Skeleton’s but when I look at the stats it says that the next level I only get three skeleton's. Now shouldnt I get 4? I have weapon that +1's my keleleton's but I am still stuck at 3.

Why is that? I want to have an army.

2. GIR

GIR Banned

It used to be one skeleton per level prior to 1.10. In 1.10 they gave you less skeletons, but the ones you have are more powerful and last longer, which I think is better. What's the point in having an army if it got wiped out by the first big boss? So, while you're not going to have as many now, you'll still have a plenty good army who can hold their own. With +skills to get them up over the skill level 20, you'll still be able to have plenty.

3. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

well when I look on this site it seems that you can have like 13 but now I am capped at 3 of the regular ones.

As of now I can only have 3 regular ones and 3 manges..

4. GIR

GIR Banned

You get 1 Skeleton per point for the first 3 levels. After that you get one for every 3 point you put in, if I'm not mistaken.

5. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Is that true???

6. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Sounds right to me. You want to pump Warrior early on, and throw a few points in Mastery, too. Max Warrior first, though, then Mastery. A few points in Summon Resists and one into each curse, then mages and CE, I think. That was my path. Anyway, work on Warriors first. They're tougher, and there aren't any physical immunes around until late into NM.

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Sounds about right. Personally, I only put 3 points into Mages, but that's really more of a preference thing. Some people like maxing them. Some people don't use them at all.

8. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

you don't need mages since amp and decrepify removes physical immunities

you can go skele warriors, mastery = 40 pts
    people like to use/max CE = 20
    path to decrep = 3?
    dim/confuse = 2 pts, 3 if you use attract although i found that i haven't touched it at all
    some people like to put a pointinto every curse. it's a good idea, especially if you plan to party. sorcs love lower resists
    clay golem = 1
    golem mastery = 1
    summon resists = 1-5, don't need much
    you can use revives for more meat shields, but i found that 1 pt is enough, w/ prequsite = 2

that should take you to around lvl 70. easily reached now with baal runs.

9. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

All builds are good. I'm quoting from a famous person in this forum (I don't see him recently, though), "We are lucky because Necros can choose the builds they like."

Just one quick comment. Don't worry about which skill you want to develop first and then what blah blah blah. Focus on your final destination. One good thing about playing on battle.net is that leveling is a joke. I told people how to get to lvl 80 in about 20 hours. Decide the final numbers for each skill and just go with it. Using common sense is good enough.

10. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

yeah, you can easily make a lvl 80 necromancer in a few days at max. if you don't like him, make a new one. it's that easy.

11. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

How many skeles do you have at 20 skill points? can you get any more with +skill items?

12. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Trying to remember....i think at lvl 24 i had 11 of them, i think, at 36 i believe i have 13. In the later lvls (beyond 20) i don't thing that the "every 3 lvls, 1 more skelly" applies, but i may be wrong.

13. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Here comes the science....not to argue, but at skill level 6 I have 4 skeletons....