Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skeleton Lag

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by JCS818, Feb 23, 2004.

1. JCS818

JCS818 IncGamers Member

Skeleton Lag

Hey guys. Everytime i play with my nec people yell at me to quit summoning skeletons bc of the horrible lag, but without them all i have is basically a blood golem and bone spear which causes me to die easily. Should i ignore them and do it my way or find a differnet necro build?

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Ignore them and summon even more skeles and revives.

3. JCS818

JCS818 IncGamers Member

Haha thanks. Im guessing you love playing nec's also. thanks for the advice.

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

If they get all mad about it, let them challenge your 20+ skele army and see what happens...

5. stpkong

stpkong IncGamers Member

If you are working together with your party, the front line warriors can protect you
    (PS: let them be your skeli ^^!) use curse spells to help.
    The no. of skeli needed depends on situation, if your members are not strong enough to tank, raise some skeli to help.
    I have an experience that my party members keep on dying, may be their gears are bad, then I summon all I can to help them recover corpse.
    Non-spell caster is fragile when naked..lol

6. JCS818

JCS818 IncGamers Member

Haha Ifrit18 one time i was in arcane with antoher guy and he was like go away you lag, so i went a dif way, he found summoner, exited party, killed summoner, rejoined, i was like wtf was that for i help u and u exit he goes u didnt do anything but cause lots of lag, so i hostile him, he runs back to town like a little girl..

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

That's what I do also, but also throw in: Poison vine(great for extra lag),5 ravens(just because I let my pets loose once in a while), and either SoB or How(just for kicks), add that with 22 total Skeletons and 12 Revives.

And I'm able to cause alittle havok with some people on cable(Thanks Hammer :drink: ) People who are on dail up- I own. :buddies:

HoS

8. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

It wasn't too bad the other day Hos, except I barely knew that Izual was there cause of all the **** on the screen :)

9. fgh24

fgh24 IncGamers Member

i have a funny story i had the same problem doing nm baal runs, a bunch of lvl 50's (mostly sorcs) where complaining about lag so i unsummoned my entire army and i saw 3 sorc get deeds(HCL) i just laughed, then they had me summon back my skeles

10. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

You're forgetting the bonewall spamming. :p Or poison nova or something like that. That'll drive them crazy. :p

11. JCS818

JCS818 IncGamers Member

Yea when i see people do posion nova my comp laggs to no end.

And I'm able to cause alittle havok with some people on cable(Thanks Hammer ) People who are on dail up- I own.

How do you "own" people on dial-up, just wondering since i am one of those stillllll.

12. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Personally I love "lagging others" When I enter with my powerful army of 13 skellies. they start their cryin.... I then summone 8 mages :).... they cry more. Then I look for the really complicated animation revives. Serpent magus, gloams, venom lords, dark lords (vamps).... so in all I got a 12 warrior, 8 mage, 20 revive and an oak sage running round and my merc spammin bone spears all over......

They start griping about lag.... I squelch and then curse and spam my lvl 27 CE... after lister dies and no one is scratched they shut up.

Keep in mind I only cast revives when ppl are griping about lag. :D

13. HarbingersOfSkulls

:drink: :buddies:

Me 2

HoS

14. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

this thread does my heart good

yes, of course, ignore them or cause them even greater anguish, necromancers have an image to maintain

15. Patsy

Patsy IncGamers Member

Damn the lagging, full summons ahead!

Tell them Jack ****, and Jack left town.

-Patsy
    "I'm here to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

16. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

How you got +20 skells? i only reach 18 :(

17. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

I say it depends on who you are playing with in a pub, some people are polite and for them if the party doesn't need the summons I will drop them quick. If you have several chars already tanking, or who have minions likes shadows/valks tanking you don't really need many minions.

As for the arses who start whining tell them straight up to upgrade their system/connection or quit whining about it. A decent system can handle the load and keep a decent fps, their lack of a decent computer or unwillingness to upgrade isn't your problem.

A good deal of the problem people have with necros now has to do with the item glut that wasn't there at the beginning of the ladder season. Now that the spoiled brats have their precious "itamz" and they don't have to rely on a necro to keep their childish little arses out of a sling they complain. *sighs* I still remember the early ladder season, "THANK GOD A SUMMONS NECRO!" If we get a reset we might hear those words again. If not then there is only one thing left to do, show the little buggers just how much lag you can toss their way if you really want to. And hey its always fun to lag a whiner with your powers of latency and make them drop from sheer system overload. :D

18. HarbingersOfSkulls

He meant combined Skeletons and Mages. With +skills, you can get a few more than with just maxxed out skills.

HoS

19. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

A k :) i have 35 mages and skellies thx for the info a just thought i was missing something :)

20. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

hos asked me to post his actual lag on my 'puter.. i have cable and usually run about 70 fps but when hes in full lagamancer mode i run about 12.. there ya go hos