Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skeleton Damage

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Breadmold, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Breadmold

Breadmold IncGamers Member

Skeleton Damage

I have a question about skellie damage. Right now, I'm lvl 74, and have max Skeleton Mastery and Raise Skeleton. I also have a pt in Teeth as a prereq and 1 pt in Corpse Explosion. All together with +skills items, I have lvl 26 SM and RS. I also have a might merc.

At the moment, my skeletons are only doing about 221-224 dmg, but I haven't tested the damage with my might merc yet though. Still, it takes about 4 skeletons a few seconds to kill one of those little red guys in Act 1 hell. (I can't remember their name, lol!) How do you guys run WSK and Chaos Sanctuary? I'm barely able to survive in Act 1, with pathetic damage. I mean, Amg Dmg helps quite a bit, but it still takes quite a while. Do you guys use any special runewords or weapons that gives your minions a damage boost, like auras? If so, would you be so kind as to let me know what they are please?

Thanks!

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

So what I'm getting from your post is that you have 20 RS and 20 SM. You have +6 Summoning or Necromancer or All Skills total.

According to the Necromancer Pet Calculator, your minions are doing 366-370 with a slvl 14 Might (assuming your merc has no +Skill items on him).

Even if you load Aura Runewords on I don't think it'll make too much of a difference, since your base Skeleton Warrior damage sucks.

What you need is more +Skills. +6 is really really really low for a Skelliemancer. Once you get +10 or +15 things will be dropping like flies. That's how people run WSK/CS - they have lots of +Skills.

Mercenary Runewords that give awesome Auras: Pride, Infinity, Faith (for Rogue only)
    Runewords you can hold yourself: Beast

Pride gives massive damage boost from Concentration Aura.
    Infinity improves Skeleton Mage damage and decreases the enemy's defense from Conviction Aura.
    Beast and Faith both increase party IAS and ED from Fanatism Aura.

If you can afford _any_ of those, then you should be going for more +Skills instead.

Also I am curious - list gear please.

3. NecromanSassin

NecromanSassin IncGamers Member

I have a level 81 Fishymancer and my skellies do 306-308 (give or take 2 damage) without gc's or mercenary or Amp. I have a might merc who uses Infinity (Great for my mana use!) and rares. You should put some hardy points into CE and Revives. Revives, I think, are much underrated. They make for more meat shields and add to killing speed. Just be sure to get fast ones, so you don't have to recast every time you move 9 meters ;D. My only gear that sticks out is Nagels and Que-Hegans (or however it is spelt) armor. If you don't already have it, look for a wand that has +3 to summoning skills. I find that good enough to beat hell one player, hence me beating hell one player with it...
    But never give up. Another note on Insight: Insight adds to mana recovery rate, leaving you to almost never have to use a mana potion. And if you are like me, you don't have many full rejuvys. That leaves more space for health pots, leading to longer living, blah blah blah.
    Oh, and your question! Insight definitely. CE deals enough damage with Amp. Also, Insight is: Ral-> Tir-> Tal-> Sol. Easy to find runes. Good luck with your Necromancer!

-necsin

4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

5. Breadmold

I'll post my gear when I get home, I'm at work right now, lol.

I heard that using an Act 1 merc with Edge would give a pretty good Thorns aura that might help a bit. I'm pretty poor, but I can afford an Edge bow as soon as I find a socketable...I have the runes.

As for my +skills, they mainly come from my best piece of gear, the Arm of King Leoric. That helps quite a bit, but that bone prison is a killer :(

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

Thorns Aura? Help? Not really.

The Might Aura from Act II Offensive does so much more.

But yah, you definately need more +Skills. Any chance you can land your hands on a Shako/Trang-Oul's Scales/+2 Necromancer Amulet/Homonculus?

7. Breadmold

I think I have a Trang armor but I'm not sure (might be Aldur's). It requires quite a bit of strength though, and I was hoping to be able to afford a runeword to put into a lower def armor (so I didn't have to pump str). All those other items are out of reach right now.

I do have that might merc, and he's pretty cool, but on another thread someone had mentioned that rogue w/ Edge so I brought that up out of curiousity.

8. Breadmold

My Gear is:

Helm: Wormskull
    Shield: bad rare head
    Wpn: AoKL
    Boots: chain boots
    Gloves: Cleglaws
    Armor: Arctic
    Belt: Arctic
    Ammy: magic w/ 13 energy
    Ring: Angelic and a magic w/ 9 all res

I think I can find some better stuff, but for now, that's what I'm working with.

9. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

You cant expect your poor skellies to do all the work for you. Their job is to drop 1 or 2 monsters so you can fire away a couple of corpse explosions and start a chain reaction where for every explosion more and more monsters fall. The CE radius is very important so MAX THIS SKILL OUT!!!

10. omgwtfbbqpwned

That's really bad gear for Hell. Try re-running NM Meph/Baal a few times.

11. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Get corpse explosion, and more of it. The gear is really poor, I must say, but what I used at beginning of ladder wasn't really any better. Amp + might merc + CE. As soon as 1 or 2 enemy drops, CE and the rest will follow.

12. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

You can buy some better gear using Pgems. Save up a few Pgems from your forges and questing and you can buy Trangs Armor, that should boost your skeles damage by a bit. Try to get to your Hell Hellforge, if you manage to grab a HR off it, then you could buy some nice equip (Necro Torches only go for about a HR on ladder). If you get a pul-um, then you could buy a skiller or a shako. Remeber, +skills are your most useful advantage.

The way others run WSK, Chaos, and Ubers is through using +15-25 to their skills, that + Ce + Might CB Merc will allow you to coast through the game

13. Breadmold

I did have a Trang armor, so I'm wearing that, and on my way to my hell hellforge I found a Boneflame!!!! So now I'm rockin the casbah with +11 to my skellies and it's gotten a TON easier. I also found a great cryptic axe and put Insight in it, and now I spam corpse explosion like there's no tomorrow. I appreciate the feedback, and if I have any other questions, I'll post them.