Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

skelemancer questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Mar 21, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

skelemancer questions

i'm making a skelemancer however, i'm not sure which merc to use. should i use a blessed aim merc or a might merc? also, which skill should i max out first?

does amp dam work on mercs, and skeletons? and golems?

ty

2. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Definetely might merc and first skill to max would be skeleton warrior. Check here for an excellent guide on Skelliemancers.

3. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

Yep, I agree, might. Amp damage ? works on the monsters, the might arua works on all your summoned minions.

In 1.10, after playing Zons, Sorcs and a trapper I found this build extremely powerful and entertaining.

4. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Which merc is the mighty merc? I've been using a fire merc and he is at lvl37 and I hate to start over.

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

A2 Nm Offensive.

Don't forget to invest heavily in Skel Mastery while you're maxing Skel Warriors.

6. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

edit: are revived useful?

7. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I'm playing a fishymancer (see nightfish's skelemancer guide) right now.
    I didn't purposefully put points into revived until I was done with the other skills.

I find the revives help, but corpse explosion is even more helpful.

But it does depend on the purpose of your character, mine is a mf character that does baal and diablo runs, meaning I have to clear schools of doomknights and minions and stuff on a regular basis.

I would say, don't even consider doing revives until you have maxed out raise skele and skele mastery.

8. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

I've just started a Skelemancer, and I'm curious how you take out the act bosses, and in particular Diablo, without sinking a fair number of points into a damage "spell" like Bone Spear or Bone Spirit. I'd expect Diablos fire attack to make short work of my skellies.

9. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Well, I find that skeles do fine again all act bosses, even Hell Baal. You might need some points in summon resist as you go onto NM and Hell though.

I do know what you mean though, as I approached hell diablo/baal I was thinking my skele army is just going to collapse.

The problem with skeles versus diablo and baal is not so much that they die, its that they take eons to kill baal, especially at hell difficulty.

Also I use clay golem + decrypify. Recommended by nightfish's skelemancer guide. It keeps act bosses standing still while your skeles hack him rather than run all over the shop chasing after a teleporting baal.

A might merc is also hard to be without.

10. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

I find the revived fairly useless, they simply disappear too often. I've run off and gathered about 15 then gone around a corner and lost most of them. In an open area their not too bad.

Diablo and Baal are reasonably easy. I do Baal runs in Hell with Skel mast & skel warriors at about level 32. (not sure, but I got 13 warriors)
    Baals minions go done quickly once the corpse explosion kicks in.
    Baal does take a while up to 4-5 mins, I guess. I'm still not sure which curse is the best on him. I've tried a few but there seems little between them.