Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Skelemancer Question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Someone14, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Someone14

Someone14 IncGamers Member

Skelemancer Question

Hey,

I have now lvl 78 skelemancer and I got one problem: What skills should I take next?

Skills of mine atm:
    MAX Skeletonmastery and Raise skeleton
    20 in Corpse Explosion (with items)
    Got revives and summon resist
    1 point in bone armor and 1 point in all curses (+skills from items)

But hey, what ya think that I should take next? Have like 13 points to use and still lvl 78!

Thanks in advance, Im out, peace.:drink:

2. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

hmmm, I'd buffer my bone armor, i believ eplacing points in bone prision increases more then BA itself...

nit sure though

3. Project

Project IncGamers Member

Currently with my skelemancer, I'm working on maxing BSpirit and Bone Wall/Armor. My armor absorbs quite a bit since I'm using the cough*Marrow Bug*cough, but with BWall and BArmor maxed you should absorb a decent amount.

As Neo said, putting points in BWall or BPrison affects BArmor more than putting the points in Bone Armor itself.

--Project

4. det

det IncGamers Member

I find a CG useful and thus some points in mastery and Summon resists.
    I have a fairly "run-of-the mill" build with 11 skells and pretty average items. Mostly gambles, some bought...the best bit is a Skin of the Vipermagi.

My Necro is lv 82 and after a pause I decided to give it a shot in hell again..still looking for a 3 socket elite armour of the light variety. Well, no "real" problems in Crystal Passage even though there were some Vipers...but can you believe I could not get to Shenk? Entrance from Fridgid WP to Bloodies was guarded by a Slinger Bosspack and Burning Archers. No amount of Dim Vision all around would let me advance...Tell me...was that just a bad draw...or am I that bad? :lol:

BTW...I regret every point I ever put into block because I only have a measly shrunken head with 33% block (and nice + skills) . I am really close to whipping the old Sigons with PDiamond out.

5. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I know where you are coming from with that comment - although my head has a L337 43% block:)

Only problem is I don't have the STR for A tower shield!

Chill

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, the things that really hurt me are bone spears from Vipers..or elemental arrows..and they seem unblockable (at least the bonespears). No melee monster comes close enough to hit me anyhow.

What do you make of my little story above? I start feeling that I really am useless at LOD. Everything is so hard to kill in act 5 hell (no..wait..that was the idea of the game :lol: )

7. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera IncGamers Member

DO NOT PUT A SINGLE POINT IN BONE WALL

I REPEAT

DO NOT PUT A SINGLE POINT IN BONE WALL

ok, now that I made that crucial point, here's why: do whatever it takes to trade for Marrowwalk. Boom: free level 33 Bone Wall. If you put a point into the tree, that overrides the free 33 and resets it to 1. That 33 BW is a massive synergy for bone armor, which is the ultimate goal. Before Marrowwalk, my Bone Armor absorbed about 50 damage. After Marrowwalk, it absorbs about 550 damage. The boots have saved my hide several times, and I'd be dead if I put a point into Bone Wall.

8. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

You're thinking of bone prison, not bone wall. The marrowalk synergy is with bone prison. Putting points into bone wall is perfectly fine, in fact, I'd recommend it. You get +15 absorb for each point in bone wall, as opposed to +10 absorb for each point into bone armor, so it makes much more sense to max bone wall rather than armor.

9. Bunnz

Bunnz IncGamers Member

Just on the *cough*Marrowalk bug*cough* an interesting comment.

I was toasting D.Clone in a game last night with a Necro friend of mine. Who makes use of the synergies from Marrowalks.

Anyway, I had my really inefficient zon in the game to do the killing with (lvl73, lowest level i've ever used to kill D.Clone with!) and the necro was kinda holding him still with prison.

Lo and behold, it took so long, and he had obviously already used some charges, that he ran out of prison charges on Marrows.

He was then getting very hurt by D.Clone. VERY HURT. Examination revealed that, alas, with no charges left in bone prison on his marrowalks, he lost the synergy bonus's they grant.

So instead of an 800+ pt Bone Armor, he was back to a few hundred.

He lived, D.Clone died and in addition to another anni charm, we BOTH learnt a new lesson.

Use those RALs, pay that money, keep those Marrowalk Prison charges available!

Cheers

Bunnz

10. marcotara

marcotara IncGamers Member

How many points did u put in skeleton mage?

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I could've sworn it was Bone prison...?

12. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

i think the common skill setup calls for 1 point into mage because
    a) they dont kill much anyways
    b) each mage doesnt seem (to me at least) to gain extra damage from additional points to mage (well its not listed on the skills tab, while skellymastery simply says "enhanced elemental attacks" for extra pts into mastery, which we already have maxed
    c) their attack isn't complemented by amp or might merc, which is the staple of skellymancers.

due to these factors i dont think skellymages really help much except for early leveling/tanking before the warriors start getting really good. I made due in early levels using a +2 mages wand, giving me 3 mages.

13. Bunnz

Bunnz IncGamers Member

Zero. None. Nothing. Zippo. Nada.

Mages stink.

14. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

you need 1 pt mage to get revives, which are decent tanks and i consider them quite necessary when faced with iron maiden.

15. Bunnz

Bunnz IncGamers Member

Its a justifiable point, but I'd rather spend those points on Bone synergies or Bone direct attack spells.

16. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

I have natural points in bone prison for a couple reasons.

a) I don't much care for exploiting the marrowwalk bug.
    b) My necro doesn't have the strength to wear them even if I had a pair.

17. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Think I have one laying around, I'll look next time I'm online. If I have one, it's yours :)

/Magnus