Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sitting in a "hot" dclone game...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ArcTeryx, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx IncGamers Member

Sitting in a "hot" dclone game...

I'm currently sitting on a hot dclone server, and I was wondering how long it usually takes for the server to pop. Only 7 sojs have been sold in the last 2 hours or so. It's becoming annoying waiting here. I don't want to completely leave my computer because I've already dropped from the server once, so I need to keep checking. Also, how do I contact some reliable people if I need some help? Thanks everyone.

2. roomba

roomba IncGamers Member

Correct IP? If so, ask some1 on your friends list to go to:

Op DClone
    or
    OP DCloneEast(Depends on what realm you play on, East is East, Wsest is West, etc.)

to make sure the server really is hot or just plain slow. DClone usually pops at 75-100 soj counters.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Soemtimes it can take days, sometimes not. 7 sojs over two hours isn't terrible, all things considered. If you can check what server you're on (there's an explanation of how to do so in the "Biggest Dclone Hunting Guide" or whatever it's called here on the forums), there's a mIRC channel that you can visit to find out how far along that particular server is, and they'll be able to give a better estimate. There's also a D2 channel you can go to, I think it's 'op Dclone' or something to that effect.

4. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

If you need help killing him, and you happen to be on USEast SCNL, I'll smack him around for ya when he walks...

*Requiem_Death

5. Velimor

Velimor IncGamers Member

The guide seems to be a bit outdated; the server is irc.dcloneirc.net and then either #uswest-dclone or #useast-dclone.

6. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

He was refering to in game chat channels... Op DClone and Op DCloneEast are the two channels for east realms, and I assume it is the same for west...

*Requiem_Death

7. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

It can take seconds or days or weeks.A real person has to sell the sojs,unless a big seller doesn't start to sell nothing happens.If you know the seller you know the time for the walk,if not you can only guess.

If you ask for help try to contact a reliable forumite with a respectable postcount,he probably wont let you down or steal the anni.My first encounter with Big D(i asked for help in a different forum) ended with a stolen anni, i am still mad about it(it was two years ago).Don't forget to tell which realm you play.

8. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I scored an anni two days ago ..took seventeen hours for the clone to spawn.From the first sold to the third count it took nearly 14 hours the sped up.
    If you need help and your on west.I can show you my anni first so you can be sure Im not going to jack yours.

Btw if you run /fps in your game you have better chance of it not dropping.

9. ppz

ppz IncGamers Member

How do you figure this?

10. Brona

Brona IncGamers Member

i was in an NM game this weekend that kept saying sojs sold to merchants.

But he can't spawn in a NM game right? So why the counter? I've only seen him walk like twice. Once, we never did find, and the other, I didn't have a char capable of beating him. Now, I do. And of course I'll never see him

11. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

What I meant was if you run /fps it helps stop your game from dropping out.The game registers activity due to the ping and fps being counted on screen.