Site slow response to school internet connection

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
Site slow response to school internet connection

Sometimes this site loads the forums and pages so slowly on the school computers, yet when I surf at home, all the forums and pages load faster, and I only have 56k; the school connection is much faster. It really pisses me off that the school computers don't load the pages fast enough, I can't get my OTF and crowbar fixes. :rant:

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
at least you can access this site at school, we can't and most other good sites are blocked, bastards

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Gatekeeper

My school's server blocks a lot of good sites (mostly those pertaining to games and game-related information) but not this one. However, sometimes this page loads at a snail's pace (and this is with an ethernet connection!) and I cannot for the life of me figure this phenomenon out.

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
Think about it, what is the highest active time for the internet? During the US business day. When you are at school every business person is also using the internet, and bandwidth suffers. Add in the servers are located in England there is a limited volume accross the big pond.

When at home in the evening not all the workers are on line, and bandwidth is available. I also suffer during the day, with a dsl line, but at home in the evening, it is usually much faster.

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
kernelpops said:
Think about it, what is the highest active time for the internet? During the US business day. When you are at school every business person is also using the internet, and bandwidth suffers. Add in the servers are located in England there is a limited volume accross the big pond.

When at home in the evening not all the workers are on line, and bandwidth is available. I also suffer during the day, with a dsl line, but at home in the evening, it is usually much faster.
Thats a far to complicated answer.

Plain and simple, the man is trying to keep you down. Fight the power!

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
I sit on a Gigabit router with an OC12 connection directly to the internet during most workdays. This site still loads slow. It's the rpgforums.net servers.