Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sint's sept

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sint Nikolaas, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Hello.

I will be using this thread for updates on my sept. I needed a challenge more than a tournament and while doing so, not something that would suck me in more and more. A sept is a nice project I can work on without it being too time consuming. To keep it interesting I decided to make a sept according to the rules of Wolron's Heptad Team tournament. Here.

The tournament requires me to make 7 characters with restrictions to skills, gear, attributes and mercs. I will be using this. I won't be using he scoring system since this is a project for myself.

Amazon (One)
    Stats (5) No points into vit.
    Skills (2) Pick 12 skills and use only those skills (picking order is 2 per skill tier).
    Gear (4) Cannot wear any gear that will raise attributes.
    Merc (3) Must use a Rogues Scout.
    Plan: Make a bowazon that hides behind her valk. Being low on vit (no points AND no gear) I will try to stay well back and snipe.

Assassin (Two)
    Stats (4) Even distribution, all stats have equal base.
    Skills (6) Pick 1 skill per act and level it up, up to NM act 3, then reverse order down the line. (I will get to use 8 skills total and level them only in certain acts.)
    Gear (3) Starting equipment and blue items.
    Merc (6) Melee only merc, this will be an act 5 barb.
    Plan: Not sure. This is my dark horse. Probably at least a strong shadow, but other than that?

Necromancer (Three)
    Stats (6) Vit only.
    Skills (4) No skills beyond level 18 skill tier.
    Gear (6) Starting gear and any S/U.
    Merc (4) Ranged merc only, this will be an act 3 caster.
    Plan: Just a summoner. Not going to do anything fancy without the upper half of my skill trees.

Barbarian (Four)
    Stats (1) No stat restrictions.
    Skills (1) No skill restrictions.
    Gear (1) No gear restrictions.
    Merc (7) No merc at all.
    Plan: I like barbs and I wanted to get an easy roll here being to dependant on weapons. No mercs to make it a bit harder, but otherwise just a plain old barb.

Paladin (Five)
    Stats (2) per level up: 2 str, 2 vit, 1 free (so dex probably)
    Skills (3) Only use 5 prepicked skills ever.
    Gear (2) Starting equipment and yellow items.
    Merc (2) Act 2 merc all the way.
    Plan: I am a bit hesitant about this one, but maybe I can go vengeance or smite or something. Haven't made my mind up yet. Since a pally generally is quite versatile 5 skills are all he needs.

Sorceress (Six)
    Stats (3) No strength.
    Skills (7) Pick one skill and max it (including synergies) and move on to the next.
    Gear (7) Starting gear and level dependant gear.
    Merc (1) No merc restrictions.
    Plan: This one will be tough. She will basically go naked all the way with hard skill restrictions. If I can make it to level 30 to get frozen orb I should be relatively ok, but it'll be tough.

Druid (Seven)
    Stats (7) Strength only.
    Skills (5) Single Tree.
    Gear (5) Starting equipment, orange items, runeword and grey socketed items.
    Merc (5) Switch mercs each act. In act 4 I get to keep the act 3 merc.
    Plan: A summoner. With no vit the oak sage should help a bit and with some summonable tanks I might be able to get somewhere.

That's it for the characters. As per rules of the tournament I can interact through the use of an ATMA stash at several set points in the game. I'm not sure if I'll do that, but I'll keep a mule open just in case. I will level the characters simultatiously getting them all through the game at the same pace. Hopefully that won't be too tedious (doing the same thing 7 times in a row).

Code:
    Character    Level     Place          Title
    One          1         Rogue Camp     None
    Two          1         Rogue Camp     None
    Three        1         Rogue Camp     None
    Four         1         Rogue Camp     None
    Five         1         Rogue Camp     None
    Six          1         Rogue Camp     None
    Seven        1         Rogue Camp     None

Thanks for taking a look and if you want to join in, be my guest, otherwise I'll just update whenever I make progress. Or not. We'll see how long this will keep me interested! (Hopefully all the way though.. ;) )

T72on1 and Pb_pal like this.
  2. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

Very nice! I made plans to re-do my team for that tournament twice, started, and then stopped a few days later.

Hopefully it will keep you interested for much longer. Will be watching your progress.

3. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

I will be following your progress, specifically on how you do your Druid. Are you considering running around as wolf/bear, just to get the health boost via Lycanthropy?

4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

This sounds very cool. If it weren't for the fact that I have plans for another type of Sept myself, I might have joined this. Good luck !!!

Edit: did you pick the restrictions for each character yourself, or did you assign them randomly?

@Neksja Druid is single tree only, so going as a summoner he can't go Wolf/Bear, unless he is allowed to obtain that skill through the Beast runeword. Too bad, because Shockwave makes a summoner's life much easier.

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Neksja, T72 is correct, it's single tree, so no points outside of the summoning tree. I did pick the restrictions myself. I had a hard time comming up with builds with the restrictions as is, so if I had to randomise I probably wouldn't have come up with anything that might have a longshot at becomming a guardian. At least now I think everything has at least some sort of shot (even though a few really are long shots).

6. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

@T72on1 @Sint Nikolaas Thanks guys, I don't know how I missed that it was a single tree build. Well all the better for me, will be more interesting to see where you get with your summoner druid. If I remember correctly, wolves are pretty good for Normal/Nightmare, but way too weak for Hell (especially if you are not helping out yourself as wolf/bear whatever), but Grizzly should be able to handle Hell much better.

And in case you haven't checked this before, here's a nice Druid Pet Calculator: http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/druid_pet_calculator.html

7. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

If you're worried about the Druid, you could probably make a Passive Zon and swap out some of the restrictions so he could be a hunter with a viable runeword bow. Passive Zons can do it all with very little.

8. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

+1 for Passive Zons. They are surprisingly fun to play as well.

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I thought this was a necroed thread:)

Welcome back Sint.

Vildecor likes this.