Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Single Player # of player settings

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Oriontwo, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Oriontwo

Oriontwo IncGamers Member

Single Player # of player settings

Hey, I have a noob question. How do I change what the player settings on single player are. Ex. I'm playing single player as it were a difficulty of eight other players in the game. How i change it to eight, and any other difficulty. Also, what do you think is the best setting for a bowazon that I'm gonna make should play on. should I keep it at one setting, or should I change it throughout the game?

2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

You type in "/players 8" (without the quotes), to set it as if there were 8 players in the game.

3. Oriontwo

Lol, thats all? k, thanks

4. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

In 1.10 the max you can set is 8 players. In 1.08 you could set more. I don't remember which the limit was in 1.09. Also, in 1.10 you will actually see a confirmation message in the message window if you do it successfully.

And though it should be obvious, the lower limit is the actual number of players if you use this in a TCP/IP game.

5. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

In 1.09, the max was 8, if I remember correctly.

6. Oriontwo

Do you get more experience with a higher player setting on?

7. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

Yes. And enemies will be proportunately more difficult (more HP) and the chance of a "no drop" will be appropriately lowered.

8. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

To be exact: you get +50% of base monster experience with every additional player in the game. So, you recive 150% in /player 2 mode, 200% in /players 3 mode. In /players 8 game you receive 450% (4.5 times more than in /players 1) experience.
    Remember, that hit points scale this way:+100% base with every player in the game (in /players 8 monsters have 8 times more life).

9. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

I usually leave it at /players 8 all the time, but in some areas that can get really hard. If you change it, it works for any monsters that have not yet spawned. So, if you know you're going to an area where you usually have trouble, set it lower before you get there.

You can set it down to /players 3 to guarantee that you won't get a 'no drop', and that is not a very hard setting to play at.

10. Headstrong3954

Headstrong3954 IncGamers Member

so can this method be used in only single player games, or can it be used for a multiplayer passworded games?

11. Oriontwo

Single player only because in multiplayer other people could still join passworded games.

12. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

Actually in 1.09b you could set players up to a max of 256.

13. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

Not correct. It can be used in single player or in TCP/IP multiplayer games. In TCP/IP the command can only be entered by the hosting player. It cannot be used in open or closed Battle.Net games, because on Battle.net none of the players controls the server and this sort of game setting applies directly to the server.

As I said above, the minimum setting in a TCP/IP game is the actual number of players - you can't have 2 players in the game and get monsters as weak as if there were only 1. But my friend and I usually pplay 2-player over TCP/IP with /players 8 set.