Single Player Moving

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
Single Player Moving

Well i'm going to one of my close friends(basicly an uncle to me) and I was planning on starting single player. I was wondering If I transfered my single player characters from my house to my uncles house(using a floppy disk probally, if my computer illiterate butt can figure it out!) back to my house would it be considered cheating, and would I have to tell everyone that I did it before I trade/MP.

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Go for it Dahk :) I use my memory stick to transfer my chars and ATMA stash to my work computer when I've got a long shift. Just copy the entire save folder.

So does this mean you're making the switch to SP for good? Or just the duration of your stay with your uncle?

~Ska

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
I think for good. I've done my fill of PvP on battlenet. I'm fed up with all the hacks, the BS, and simply the community. I always visited this forum and it seemed like so much fun, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The tounries here seem so fun too! How long have you been at S/P ska?

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Sweet as! I've been here for a few months now. It's definately an awesome community here, and yeah the tourney's are cool :) There was also a big PvP tourney a couple of months back, which I would've entered if my item base was a little better...

You'll be playing HC right? If you need a few bits and bieces to get you started, let me know. And download ATMA, it's awesome :)

~Ska

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually I'd rather get started on my own, its much more enjoyable that way. I'm not interested in getting the "leetest" items anymore like I use to be. I've matured alot since the last time we played. Perhaps we can do an MP or 2.

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
I respect that man :) And yeah, there's not a lot of HC MP games going on, so that would be good... Just don't get your assassin near my barb, when he's hostile and leap attacking! :bonk: (I still feel like I owe you one for that)

~Ska

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
I totally forgot about that, lol. I have a vague memory of it. It's just a game, lol. Don't sweat it m8.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to SP! Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant. Since we recomend backing up your D2 save files regularly, I don't see any problem with moving them to another machine (just so long as you overwrite the old charaters when you come back from unc's rather than keep 2 sets)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Transferring characters from one computer to another is fine. Just make sure that you overwrite the old ones when you move it back to the other comp. Then you haven't duped anything and you're good to go.

Welcome to the forums!

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
You can e-mail your characters to yourself also. Discs and sticks can get damaged/lost when moving, so it's safer. And, welcome to the SPF.