Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Single player home network games.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Void Stalker, Jun 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

?

What is the biggest home network of D2 you have ever owned/played upon?

1. I have never had more than one D2 computer at a time, ever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I have played with both my laptop and desktop, but that is it.

25.0%
  3. I have played with 3+ computers networked.

75.0%
  1. Void Stalker

Void Stalker IncGamers Member

Hello everyone, I rarely play much D2 these days, but what D2 I do play is always going to be on my own home network, so not sure this is the right place to post questions and such. I don't have any interest in b.net play, but I do want to play on my home network. All of my home network computers are running 1.14d, currently.

Can anyone pint me in the proper direction for things that might make playing multiple characters at the same time more fun/doable? I just played a two player game, but had to manually move each character around every twisted corner of the map, and wonder if there is a better way to play home network games?

I don't currently have any D2 friends, and so I just plan to play on my own home network. I would like help and suggestions for avoiding mistakes in gameplay, and ask for advice on sites that may be more aligned with what I actually do in D2.

Thanks for any help and information.

2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Hello and welcome to the SPF. If you read the Rules and the Community & Links threads in the stickies, you will find all sort of help.

You don’t actually need multiple computers - You can run eight instances of D2 on a single computer.

ioupainmax likes this.
  3. Void Stalker

Void Stalker IncGamers Member

What?!?!
    Holy cow! I will do that right now. Looks like this is the place to go to get questions answered. Much thanks!

4. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Wait... if you are meaning like playing two characters simultaneously, multi-instancing will not be optimal for that, as you will have to tab between instances (which causes lag spikes if done much) to swap characters. Best setup for that would be side-by-side monitors, and macro-embedded mice (which have been decided by the powers that be to be cheating within the rules of this forum for some obscure reason) for each hand, so you don't have to keyboard-shuffle.

Or if you just want Enchant and BO slaves, or higher player count in older patches, then multi-instancing should work fine.