Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

single player hammerdin

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Feb 9, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

single player hammerdin

can someon show me a guide or write one fer me? about a single player hammerdin tat is probably never gonna get too rich. I have a act 2 merc and he does blessed aim. But i'm planning to get one in nightmare or hell tat has holy freeze. wat lvl does holy freeze come on fer a merc? like when they are lvl 50 or something? also wat other skills should i into my paly since blessed hammer only takes about 60 somthing.

sorry to take ur time but hopefully u can help me answer some of these questions. thanks :)

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

3. skilledlord

thnxs ^^ it was quite helpful

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze actaully works against you. Try defiance. I'll assume you read the Hammerdin Guides.

Anyhow holy freeze works agaisnt you because when your a hammerding you ahve a certain area of effect. Holy freeze sometimes makes it so taht mosnters come at you 1 by 1. That may seem like a good idea at first glance but monsters are so randomly spawned now taht you cant afford to stand stilla t times. What I mean is 10 melee 10 range.

Say the melee rush you 2 at a time because your holy freezing them. This requires you to stop and hammer. And wait while the rangers pick you off

Say the 10 melee rush you at once, then your first hamemrs will hit all and you can move on to the range faster.

Also, ironically with a good Hammerdin setup you'll get 11k+ dfense which means they miss you alot. The same goes with your merc meaning he'll be safe and survive mlonger than a holy freeze merc ever will.

My merc has 14k defense currently while I ahve only 13k. I ahrdly get hit and with holy shield on most hits are blocked so its very good to go defiance.

5. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Toasty has some good advice there, but it all depends on play style.

Personally I use a might merc using a doom cryptic giving him holy freeze, but for the sake of single player advice we'll just assume he is a holy freeze merc. With all the monsters frozen I am moving around a lot. I don't like to stand in one place so I throw out 5 hamers or so then move a couple paces and send 5 more. this takes but a few seconds and since the ranged attackers are shooting slowly I have no problems avoiding their shots. For the most part I send up a couple hammers then run straight to the range monsters and hit them first. the Melee monsters being frozen are slow to react and so I can kill the range guys first then turn around.

If you are lucky enough to get your hands on an enigma then the teleport accentuates this style of play. but it works well without teleport.

Just wanted to show that it all depends on play style.

Have fun
    SPAK

6. skilledlord

thanks a lot ^^ i used to play multi player, now i'm palying both, single player is also quite fun ^^