Single player auto saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manofoneway

Diabloii.Net Member
So I had something wierd happen a couple days ago. I was respeccing my newly matted zon with a token (1.14d so no <hack name deleted by moderator>), and after I assigned my attributes, I misclicked my skill tree and put a point into something I didn’t want.

So I tabbed my game, and made a quick backup of my save files to the desktop, went back to the game, saved and exited, deleted my saves, and replaced it with my desktop backup (which I assumed would be my original char with the token still unused). However when I loaded it back up, my char was already respecced, with the attributes assigned. The skill tree was still untouched so it was fine.

I’m almost completely certain I didn’t save and exit after assigning my attributes, so does single player periodically auto save games without the player exiting now?

Last edited by a moderator:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
It does save periodically while running (every 5 mins or so) so you may have just been unlucky. I don't know if pausing stops this timer or not

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Rule 2.10 - I edited your post.
Restoring from backup becuse you reassigned a skill point incorrectly is also not allowed.

Manofoneway

Diabloii.Net Member
Rule 2.10 - I edited your post.
Restoring from backup becuse you reassigned a skill point incorrectly is also not allowed.

Oh I had no idea that mod wasn’t allowed lol, I just assumed cos it was so universal, my bad.

And to clarify, so it’s okay if I do the end process trick instead? Ther completely identical in function since ending the process also keeps my original save files, other way is just longer winded.

I thought that rule meant you couldn’t restore to like rerun forge or reroll runewords and such.

Edit: I also do this when I accidentally click into the wrong difficulty and lose my map, I’d have to go back and manually delete that game sessions save files and keep the original. Is that also not allowed?

Last edited:

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
No you cannot use backup of save files in case you want to re-spec your character or mess up in the respect process. Go farm a token.

Same goes for map re-rolling.

Backups are only for if you lose / corrupt your save files.

Any further questions by message please.

Status
Not open for further replies.